It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Potential New Owner Questions
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:44 pm 

Ok, I have been looking at upgrading boats for several months now. I currently own a Crownline 180, and it is a great boat. However, it beats the crap out of you on our windy days. So, will the a22 handle the chop pretty well? I am thinking about waiting until the end of the season to see what kind of deal I can get on a holdover. Does anybody have any ideas on of it would be significant enough to wait? Last question! What is the price difference between a loaded core series and a vandall edition? Thanks for the help!

Post subject: Re: Potential New Owner Questions
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:50 pm 
Team Axis

The a22 is an awesome boat, definitely test drive one. The boat handles chop well for a wake boat but still gets slapped around. I have driven my boat in 3ft chop at lake havasu and it does fine. My fam and I feel safe.

i am not exactly sure about the hold over discount. If you find one locally you may save a few grand. If you can't find one locally you will incur shipping costs so the discount will shrink.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:01 pm 
Team Axis

Welcome to the Axis Wakeboard Boats forum.

I think you'll see an improvement over what you're using now. I went from a similar 17' boat and the handling is greatly improved. As stated whatever you look at make sure you take it out for a test.

In terms of pricing, it'll depend in part on what's available around you. If you can wait until Jan - Mar, you might get the best deal, but you also risk that someone makes an offer before you.

I don't recall the discount for the Vandall package, but if you can forgo some options (tricked out trailer for example) you can get better pricing with a core edition.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:17 pm 
Team Axis

I purchased a 2011 new hold over and got 15,000 of msrp. So if you can buy a hold over you can deff get a good deal, however chances of that a slim. And I don't know if you can get that on special editions.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:36 pm 
Team Axis

I take my A22 out in 20-30mph winds with confidence. It rides better and drier than my previous 23' Moomba XLV. The Axis has a solid ride for a "price point" wakeboat. the wide picklefork bow really adds to the dry ride and spray reduction when running through chop.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:18 pm 

Thanks for the help! I am going to demo one next month. Our dealer here has two, but I am not a fan of the color schemes. I have my eye on one that I called about and they said it was ordered in to be a demo boat. So, I am hoping for a nice deal on something like that! I haven't ever felt like my boat was not safe from chop, but rather the bouncing around the pain in my back! Lol!

Post subject: Potential New Owner Questions
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:06 pm 
Team Axis

I'm in a pretty similar situation myself. I already had a dealer quote me prices on both an A22 Vandall and a Core loaded up about the same. Price difference was about $1k less on the core. As mentioned, you could drop the tricked out trailer or other options if you want to lower the price.

I'm hoping to pull the trigger around the end of this month. My question is for a Vandall plus v2 tower, tower mirror, stereo pack 3, I'm getting quoted very high 60s including all taxes and fees. Is this a good price or should I be able to get that down more?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:33 pm 
Team Axis

Order the boat without the stereo (maybe just the headunit) and just add your own. The factory amps, sub-box location, and tower speakers leave a lot to be desired especially for the price.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:36 am 

AJ, the new stereo pack three is completely Wetsounds. Amps and all! Not sure what it costs, but would save the hassle of the install. I had heard the mtx was a little lacking.

What options were on the one with the quote in the high 60's?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:20 am 
Team Axis

mrnate450r wrote:
AJ, the new stereo pack three is completely Wetsounds. Amps and all! Not sure what it costs, but would save the hassle of the install. I had heard the mtx was a little lacking.

What options were on the one with the quote in the high 60's?

Oh, didn't know about a stereo pack 3. Thought there was only 1 & 2 still.