It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Potential New Owner Questions
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:39 pm 
Team Axis

I said above what the high 60's quote was - A22 Vandall, stereo 3, v2 tower, tower mirror. Is it realistic to think I could get that down to mid 60s or lower? Remember this is out the door price, all taxes and fees included.

On the stereo, i am happy with the wet sounds setup as is from the factory (though still deciding if I will really include it). My schedule is busy so I'd rather spend my free time on the lake than in my garage doing my own install.

Sorry for the thread-jack but thought this info might be useful to the original poster too.

Post subject: Re: Potential New Owner Questions
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:21 am 

Ferral wrote:
I said above what the high 60's quote was - A22 Vandall, stereo 3, v2 tower, tower mirror. Is it realistic to think I could get that down to mid 60s or lower? Remember this is out the door price, all taxes and fees included.

On the stereo, i am happy with the wet sounds setup as is from the factory (though still deciding if I will really include it). My schedule is busy so I'd rather spend my free time on the lake than in my garage doing my own install.

Sorry for the thread-jack but thought this info might be useful to the original poster too.

This seems a little high based on some of the quotes I have gotten. However, I havent had a quote for a vandall either. Does it have the tricked out trailer?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:35 am 
Team Axis

My local boat show had a Vandall with the 450hp LS3 and all the bells and whistles and the sticker price on that one was 78k!!! Ouch. It was pretty much identical to Chattwake's new boat, z5, 485's, solid white with white tower

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:42 am 
Team Axis

Check to see if the dealer has demos out. I bought my 2011 in May that was loaded with the Vandall options without the Vandall graphics, but I couldn't take delivery until Aug. because of the demo through a local YMCA. This saved me almost 20k off invoice and the dealer serviced,fixed, and gave the full warranty on the boat. It definitely helped me pull the trigger on buying!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:55 am 

DawgNation wrote:
Check to see if the dealer has demos out. I bought my 2011 in May that was loaded with the Vandall options without the Vandall graphics, but I couldn't take delivery until Aug. because of the demo through a local YMCA. This saved me almost 20k off invoice and the dealer serviced,fixed, and gave the full warranty on the boat. It definitely helped me pull the trigger on buying!

This is what I am hoping to find at the end of the season. I have my eye on one that I have been told is a demo boat. We will see! I just don't want to get my hopes up on one boat and then have it not available when I am ready to pull the trigger.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:14 am 
Team Axis

My boat was a demo 2011 with 35 hours saved 15k on it. The boat is fully loaded vandell options without graphics.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 am 
Team Axis

mrnate450r wrote:
DawgNation wrote:

This is what I am hoping to find at the end of the season. I have my eye on one that I have been told is a demo boat. We will see! I just don't want to get my hopes up on one boat and then have it not available when I am ready to pull the trigger.

You can also see if the dealer will let you put a refundable deposit down to hold that boat for. That was what I did during my purchase, if I was not happy when I took delivery then I could take the refund and walk away-Win/Win Deal!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 am 
Boater

I have the stereo pack 3, its a sony head unit with alpine speakers in the boat, the not sure what the towers are but the amps are big alpines too. It sounds very nice. I am pleased.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:48 am 

Compcowboy wrote:
I have the stereo pack 3, its a sony head unit with alpine speakers in the boat, the not sure what the towers are but the amps are big alpines too. It sounds very nice. I am pleased.

The one I looked at was entirely wetsounds. Amps, tower, and the ones in the boat. I wonder if they didn't get the wetsounds endorsement until after production started.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:44 pm 

Compcowboy wrote:

Thats stereo pack 2. pack 3 has has all that stuff replaced by wetsounds. The mtx stuff was dropped after 2011 I believe.