It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2013 axis?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:38 pm 
Axis Owner

Has anyone heard of any changes for the 2013 axis? The only thing I've heard is they may offer a 24' version. I'm thinking about trading in this year if there are some good changes. Or if there is anything you'd like to see in the future models.

Post subject: Re: 2013 axis?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:27 pm 
Team Axis

A 24' model would be cool if they could retain the wake or better. Two things I would like to see is some optional textures in the vinyl and/or multicolor and I'd love to see rear lockers that could actually fit wakeboards or surfboards.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:50 pm 
Team Axis

I am with you on the rear lockers that will fit wake boards... that is one of the things I do not like about my boat. I actually do not ever need to store boards in there, but it is a big plus for most people, and for a "core wake boat" I think it is a necessity.

On the other hand, I do not agree with offering more vinyl textures or colors.. it would be nice, but it would also increase the price, and Axis was supposed to be the answer to everyones screaming about developing a riders wake boat without any frills for $50k... not going to happen if they keep making costly "improvements".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:44 am 
Team Axis

Are you guys trying to put boards in the lockers with the bags full? If the bag is drained and moved out of the way I have put 2 wakeboards without bindings, 1 slalom ski, 2 trick skis, 1 surfboard , 1 kneeboard, 2 tubes and a couple of life jackets all on one side, then I put the ice chest and the rest of my jackets on the other side. If you put them in right you can get way more than you think in the back of the boat.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 am 
Team Axis

Walter wrote:
Are you guys trying to put boards in the lockers with the bags full? If the bag is drained and moved out of the way I have put 2 wakeboards without bindings, 1 slalom ski, 2 trick skis, 1 surfboard , 1 kneeboard, 2 tubes and a couple of life jackets all on one side, then I put the ice chest and the rest of my jackets on the other side. If you put them in right you can get way more than you think in the back of the boat.

I don't see how you're even getting a kneeboard in there, I've tried. Not even my 4'11" Shred Stixx surfboard will fit. Taking off bindings to store boards is about as much of a pain is taking down a tower everyday (not that I have to). That half-ass carpeted wall blocks access to store boards. I do miss that in my previous boat I could get 3 boards with bindings on in each locker and a even a 5'6" surfboard. Boards in the rear locker is more for towing back and forth to the lake and not have to put boards in board-bags in the back of my truck or inside the cab of the truck. I never really used the wakeboard racks in my other boat because we could access the boards in the rear lockers from the platform. Oh, and a complete rear ballast system with sacs would be nice.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:46 am 
Team Axis

They should offer a way to pull the tanks from the rear so you can just run bags. And develope a removable windshield for cold days to fill the space between the windshield and tower.