It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What a weekend!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 am 
Team Axis

OK, I have been emailing this guy in Kelowna B.C. (700km away) telling him I'm gunna drive down on the 20th to buy a whole ton of wakeboard gear. When I got there on Friday he is like... yea I can give you %10 off. (big deal) and pretty much completely shoved us out of the store so that he could get back to work. Oh well, we found another store called Rayburns, (which is a Mastercraft dealer in Kelowna) and WOW! the lady was throwing discounts at us. In short we ended up getting 2 board packages, a surfboard, 3 ropes, a tow able, 2 vests, some clothing and ended up saving over $1400 total. What a good day.

The next day was a mix between bad and good. The good part (witch is actually AWESOME) was that I finally picked up my 2011 Vandall. However there were a few disappointments (more like annoyances) with the delivery process. When we show up I thought we were going to put the boat in the water ( not their fault cuz the river is low) but a heads up would have been nice, Next he looks at me like I'm retarded and says "you didn't even bring a licence plate?". So we drive only a few blocks away and spend about 45 minutes doing that. When that was done we come back and he says "so who do you have the boat insured through?", again not such a big deal but he is the one who said, "when you get down here I'll have the guy here to do the insurance.". so another 45 min on the phone and our insurance is done. Once that is all finished the guy starts going over the delivery and showing us all about the boat, he was very knowledgeable and everything went smoothly (until I noticed the tank was empty). I don't know if you guys got a full tank with your 60k boat but I expected it to be full. Then to top it off... no swag :(

Well sorry the story was so long but the best thing is I got a killer deal on my gear and my Axis is sitting in my driveway! :D

Post subject: What a weekend!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:21 am 
Team Axis

Congrats man!! Sounds like a long drawn out process, but totally worth it. And it'll only continue to get better from here.

Post subject: Re: What a weekend!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:53 am 
Team Axis

Yea man I hear ya. One more good thing was that when i left on friday there was ice on our 2 lakes... none when I made it home last night. can't wait to hit the water.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:03 am 
Team Axis

Did they at least include the soft Axis cooler that fits under the seat? I've seen a couple Axis buyers did get it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:28 am 
Team Axis

Yea I found it in the boat when I got home. and there is another black bag that looks like one that goes over a sleeping bag. Is that for the boat cover?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:45 pm 
Axis Owner

yeah that bag is for the cover.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:19 pm 
Team Axis

congrats man... yeah I didn't get any swag either and my tank was almost empty. Annoying yes, but no big deal, i don't really want a bunch of crappy tshirts, cozies and hats or whatever. but a full tank of fuel would go a long way to say "thank you for spending a ridiculous amount of money with us on a depreciating liability that is a totally unnecessary purchase in the grand scheme of things" or something along those lines :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:11 pm 
Team Axis

Johnnydefacto wrote:
"thank you for spending a ridiculous amount of money with us on a depreciating liability that is a totally unnecessary purchase in the grand scheme of things"

Hahahaha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:04 pm 
Team Axis

I was lucky enough to get half a tank in my recent used 2011 A20 purchase. :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 pm 
Team Axis

Wow, if my boat didnt come with a full tank of gas I would have been pissed and never buy anything else from the dealer. My dealer was great full tank of gas, lake test, nice discount on anything in the store, even threw in a free receiver and ball and light connector for my truck cause some dumb ass (me) had one that was to low. Of course I also added $1500 worth of dealer installed options and another $2000 in the pro-shop and all this was on a used er slightly used boat 28 hours. When and if I ever buy a new boat thats where Ill go.