It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Plumbing a non factory plug n play system
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:03 am 
Team Axis

Need some help on plumbing The ballast system on my boat. It doesn't have the factory plumbed the plug n play so I am going to do my own. Any ideas or pictures of someone else that has put one in that didn't have the factory plumbing already ran for plug n play

Post subject: Re: Plumbing a non factory plug n play system
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:02 am 
Axis Owner

there is some info here that may help you http://www.wakemakers.com/axis/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:25 pm 

Hello, I m in the same situation as you and I look earlier today at my boat cause I want the extra bag to fill automatically.

So this is was I was thinking; for the 2 rear bag simply add a Y before the hard tank for filling and for the vent.
To empty add another pump for the extra bag with a y to the out file from the tank. that y need to be place after the hard tank pump.

For the front. still have no idea.

Ive never run the boat I just bought it in October and I took it out from the warehouse yesterday!!!!
but the previous owner user to fill the bags with a tsunami.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:50 pm 
Team Axis

I got some good info from the guys on here in the "how to hook up plug n play". I started yesterday on plumbing the back. What I did was removed the vent/overflow from the thru hull port on each side. I used that line as my fill for my bag and plumbed it in to the top of the bag. I put a piece of 5 ft hose on the port that I took the other hose from and ran it to the vent in the top of the bag for the vent/overflow. For the drain I am going in the bottom port of the bag and hooking up a separate pump plumbed in to the existing drain house with a Y but I think I will need a check valve between the hard take and the Y. I am pretty sure u can hook up the front the same way but I am going to run separate pumps for filling an draining. I am going to do the drain the same as the rear with a Y and a check valve. The fill pump I am going to use the thru the hull drain that's already there with the big brass T handle that's already in the boat on the drivers side of the transmission right by the pumps for the rear. I believe this will work and help speed up filling and draining of the front sack. I only have 2 anti siphon loops in the back in front of the engine. The other boats I have seen with factory plug and play have 2 on each side 4 in all. Do I need 2 more or will one on each side work? I have not tried my set up yet so any advice or problems I don't see please let me know. Also where can I buy 3/4" check valves?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:06 pm 

I don't ''see'' everything but want you did make send to me. you got good ideas. Mine has 4 siphon at the back but don't have the plug and play. Well I can't see any lines.
Why you didn't put a Y before the line that go directly to the hard tank?
when I think of it we can only modify the system by adding Y for filling and vent and a Y a bypass and pump for empty.
for the front I think you got it all. where you will cut the floor fiberglass for the lines?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:13 pm 

okokokok now I got it.
I understand what you did!!! Sorry for my first line.
LOL
For my system I was looking at modify the current system but you totaly did a new one.
When will you try it? I want to ear your results!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:40 pm 
Team Axis

Armada wrote:
okokokok now I got it.
I understand what you did!!! Sorry for my first line.
LOL
For my system I was looking at modify the current system but you totaly did a new one.
When will you try it? I want to ear your results!!!

Hopefully sometime this week but suppose to be moving so it might not happen. U don't have to cut any new holes or factory lines for the way I did it. And if u put a Y on your fill line to fill ur sack u will lose half your fill capacity when the hard tank get full cause it will be pumping it out your vent back in to the lake.