It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club Learn to ride day SUNDAY, April 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:10 pm 
Team Axis

Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club in Southern California is having its season kick off "learn to ride" day this SUNDAY, April 1st (no, this is not a joke )

The event will be held at Canyon Lake, in the back water. It will cost $10 to ride (Axis A22, Moomba LSV, or Centurion sv211) and have professional instruction. Hyperlite and Liquid Force will be out with demo boards and bindings for you to try. There will be food and drinks and will be a great time for families, first time riders, or anyone who loves wake boarding.

The event will begin at 9am and last to approx 3 or 4. Please contact Dave at:

DaveClarke951@yahoo.com

or

canyonlakewakeboardclub@yahoo.com

or

PM me, but I may not check my messages after saturday evening

You will need to contact someone to get your name on the list to get into Canyon Lake.

Please visit www.wakeboardclub.com/ for more info

Post subject: Re: Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club Learn to ride day SUNDAY, Apr
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 pm 
Team Axis

It was a great turnout, the weather was nice, not too windy, and we had 60+ people out wake boarding and wake surfing. It was the best turnout we've had in a while.

My A22 was on of the 3 boats towning, alongside an 04 moomba mobius lsv and a 2012 centurion sv211.

I was out pulling riders from 9-3, had 15-16 riders from first timers to semi pro. 3 girls went wake to wake for the first time, and I got high prase by all about my wake. Ran all day, rarely turning off the motor except when changing riders, and still have a half tank of fuel. I am running about 650 lbs all the time with ballast all empty, but even with that weight and people, I could run beginners at 21 mph at 60 feet and they had a really nice beginner wake. For the good guys, I would fill all the way up, and with 4000 lbs and 4 or 5 people, the Cinco prop could still get up on plane. The wake was banging.

At the end of the day when all had ridden, I took a set. We had 4 adults, 2 children, full ballast, and we threw another 800 lbs sack on the floor just for fun to see what would happen. Amazingly, my driver (who is a super good wakeboarder and driver) was able to ease it up and get it on plane. The wake was just stupid. I rode at 24.4 at 80 feet and the wake was the biggest wake I have seen in a while. It was very firm and booted so much. I had a good time, but that wake is just way above my skill level. I just couldn't believe that the 335 could get that much weight up.

We have 2 more learn to ride days this summer as well as 5 contest. It is super mellow and a lot of fun, I hope to see some of you out there this summer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:58 pm 
Team Axis

That's awesome! I rode a friends moomba lsa and forgot how my supra wake was compared to the axis. malibu/axis are more of a ramp, where the supra/moomba is more of a 1, 2 punch straight up. Very different wakes. I'm going to have to experiment to see if I can get more lip up top as it really forces you up.
I really enjoy taking first timers out that have tried and never got up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:29 pm 
Team Axis

I know what you mean about the moomba wakes. I ride that 04 often, its verity but wide too... not a fan at all. I do like that the wake plate helps you adjust the wake a bit, just like my old tige. If you run the wedge you will get a lip, and the heavy you run in the rear, the steep the wake will get (and softer too if you run too slow). with 4800 and no wedge, my wake got noticeably steeper which surprised me. I do prefer ramps wakes, but it was fun.