It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: gelcoat warranty
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:34 am 
Axis Owner

I want to preface this topic with this is not an Axis bash but a heads up to anyone who is close to the end of their one year warranty or any warranty on their boat. Check your gelcoat real close and if possible with your dealer. I found some cracks in the gelcoat when I was waxing my boat before I took it to the dealer for service and dewinterizing. I pointed them out to my dealer and they marked them and sent pictures to Axis. When I picked it up yesterday they told me they weren't covered under warranty because I had the boat for 14 months and it was 12 months on the gelcoat waranty. I was disappointed in myself that I hadn't checked it before the waranty ran out. These are just spider cracks nothing serious structurally just not what I want to see on my boat. I absolutely love the boat it performs better than I ever expected and any issue I have had previously has been taken care of immediately. Just be sure of your warranty dates and check everything before they run out.

Post subject: Re: gelcoat warranty
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:11 am 
Team Axis

Are they large enough that you can take a few pictures and post them up? Where did the cracks start surfacing? Sorry to hear about that- I baby mine as well and would be pretty pissed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:29 am 
Team Axis

I have had two spots on my gelcoat fixed since I have had my boat. One of them was just under the gas cap below the bumper rail. The other one was under the tie down ring on the back of the boat. I never use the tie downs sonot sure what happened there either. Both of mine were fixed no problem. On was within the year and the other was not. Not sure what took place, but my dealer took care of me. Thx CTWS Austin Texas.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:30 pm 
Axis Owner

The cracks are on the rear at the corners under the rub rail. Almost identical cracks on each side. I'll take some pics so you can see what to look for.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:12 pm 
Team Axis

Thanks for the headsup. I haven't seen any in my 2011. I only have 107 hours on her but I consistently take mine in very rough conditions (30+mph winds) in open water for a few miles to get to the good water.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:55 am 
Team Axis

Agreed, I've had a couple of issues now with gelcoat problems. Just dicovered another one that has to be addressed, thankfully I'm still within 12 months of purchase. I'm a little concerned that I have had these issues though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:30 am 
Team Axis

Please do wvidal. Thanks!