It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Boat overheating in idle after sitting.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:54 pm 
Team Axis

So I took the axis with 409 monsoon to get 100 hr service. It’s up to 300 now. Since then it runs fine. Normal temp and everything. But when it sits for 10-15 min it seems to lose its prime with impeller. Heats way up. But if I raise the RPM it goes right back down to normal and stays. Took back to shop and put new sea strainer and checked all hoses- no blockage. Say you can see the bubbles in the sea strainer and can hear it sucking in air somewhere but when you build up RPM’s it goes back to normal. Anyone experienced this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Boat overheating in idle after sitting.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:06 pm 
Boater

I have something similar, but it only happens at start up. I have the same motor and when I start the boat, I always have to "prime" the impeller by giving it a fair amount of throttle. If I don't do that the temperature will go up past 200. The difference between my situation and yours is that once I get primed, I can let it idle. If I don't get that original prime however it would overheat. I know my issue is common as the dealer advised me as such and there are others who have the same issue. You may not be priming it enough at the beginning.

Post subject: Re: Boat overheating in idle after sitting.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:34 pm 
Team Axis

I just had this with my 2016 409 a24. It turned out to be a small tube that is in the system that everyone forgets about. I did new impeller, sea strainer. Email my shop M2omarine in San Diego. But yes. Boat would sit then idle would just go up to 200 before I’d shut it off or rev up RPM. Then it would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk