It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Over heating issues first time out
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:38 am 

I have a 2014 Axis T22. First time out for the season. I had the dealer winterize last year and I installed plugs and hooked up hoses this spring. Boat fired right up in the driveway with the fake-a-lake. We put in the water and were just on idle through the no wake zone, I was double checking all plugs and hoses when I opened the rear locker and smoke was rolling off the engine(smelled like oil smoke) Killed it and investigated....engine temp was only 155, oil pressure was 35-45 depending on idle speed. Now there is a raw / whining / grinding noise coming from the belt side of the motor. Exhaust manifolds got so hot the MONSOON tags were like jelly. We idled back to the dock stopping to let things cool often. Motor got to 189 by the time we got back. No alarms ever went off. Got home and changed out the impellar (old one was still top notch) and double checked everything...looks good. Now when I start it, it seems to have a sputter and the whining noise is still there. Anybody have any issues like this or have any ideas. I hope there was no damage since things never got super hot but the grinding / whining / sputtering thing has me nervous. Thanks in advance for any shared knowledge or ideas....have an appt to take it to the dealer

Post subject: Re: Over heating issues first time out
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:02 pm 
Team Axis

Check to make sure the water intake valve is open. It could be closed and you may have been running dry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:19 am 

Ya, it was open. I checked all that out when I reinstalled all the plugs and hoses from being winterized. The only thing I didnt do was remove the hose from the transmission after the raw water pump just to make sure water was being moved but when I felt the hoses, they seemed to have water moving through them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:07 am 
Team Axis

Pop that hose and look up in there. I've seen them have a ton of debris in them.