It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: After Market Stereo & Board Racks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:50 pm 

Hi guys,
In the process of potentially purchasing a new 2020 Axis.
I'm looking at the pricing for the Stereo & Board racks and they both seem pretty expensive from factory for what your getting?

I was looking at Sound pack 2, but I do not want the tower speakers. I'm more concerned about the sound inside the boat. I want a high powered amplifier and a 10" sub.
Would it be better to just op for no sound system and then choose aftermarket and have someone install? Anyone go this route?

The board racks also seem exorbitant expensive. I'm not even sure I would really use them to be honest. I think I may just find some aftermarket racks if after a season I'm looking as though I want them? Anyone want to share their thoughts on this?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: After Market Stereo & Board Racks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:03 pm 
Team Axis

You could go with sound pack 1 and do the remainder of the install your self. Then you can choose and tune your own amplifiers to best manage the interior sound quality.

Racks, I think the standard bungie swivel racks are worth the money. Not sure how you plan on using the boat, but I haven't spent a day on the water without using them.

Regardless, I'd suggest you go with both sound pack 2 and the swivel racks. Both are options that, if not chosen, will be a detriment when you go to sell the boat. I personally can do without tower speakers, but we are definitely in the minority there. If I was buying a boat without swivel racks I would go to my dealer, find the price of a new pair and pay you exactly that much less.