It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Looking for advice on A20
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:49 pm 

Thanks for the advice everyone, I went to look at an A20 at the dealers last week and hit a major snag - I didn't realise it needs a 3 tonne tow. My current tow vehicle only has 2.4 tonne. Shop stopper for now :(

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:00 am 
Team Axis

SaltWakeMan wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone, I went to look at an A20 at the dealers last week and hit a major snag - I didn't realise it needs a 3 tonne tow. My current tow vehicle only has 2.4 tonne. Shop stopper for now :(

Do you have a modern era 1/2 ton pick up
Truck or SUV with the 5500 lb hitch, if so you are good !!

Even my 2000 Ram 1500 (half ton) was fine
There are some with mid size SUV’s with large power plants towing more than your a20m

My F150 is 5000 lbs 500 tongue without a weight distributing hitch

11000 /1000 with one snd I don’t have one

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:33 am 
Team Axis

I don't know anything about the saltwater issues but I do know about garage issues. We bought our '16 A20 because it fit the garage at the house we lived in at the time. We have luckily since moved and no longer have garage restrictions, however our boat now stays outside in the yard (yay no HOA!). When we bought our boat we got the 20 because it needed to fit but like the poster above had that not been the case we probably would have gotten a 22. We're now in the market for a 24 but if we had the 22 already we probably wouldn't be in this position. We've had a lot of fun with our 20 but we've definitely outgrown it. We are a family of 5 with kids 12, 10, and 3 1/2.

Bottom line is consider what the future might hold in terms of the size of family and friends you might want to take out on the boat and get the biggest one you might need and can accomodate.