It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: 2018 vs 2019 A24
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:22 am 
Team Axis

Hijacking this thread a little but I'm thinking about going from a '16 A20 to a '19 A24. We feel like we're outgrowing the 20 and we have 2 different friends with 24's we've been on recently, a '16 and an '18 and there is so much room!

Do you feel like the extra cost of the A24 is worth the investment?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:49 am 
Team Axis

We are now 20 hours in with our '19 A24. Yes, yes and yes. The thing is absolutely amazing. We have our surf wave dialed and on point. Transfers are now a piece of cake with how much push this thing has. Airs are getting better now that I am trying them. Spins are still spinning. The amount of room in the boat is insane. Everyone comments on how spacious it is. Power wedge ROCKS! It will take our boat fully loaded and slap in on plane (1,000 feet of elevation) with the 409 motor. Wake board wave is scary big, still sore from last weekend.

Boat = investment. No. It's a depreciating asset, but it gives me a hell of a lot of enjoyment each and every time I am on it. The three big ones for us were the space, no bags on the seats so everything is hidden, and the insane improvement on the surf wave from our 16 A20. Plus we got a smoking trade on our A20 so the net difference wasn't terrible. If I were you I'd sell your A20 and then just rid your buddies A24s. That's a lot cheaper.

Our A20 was awesome, but it took a lot to set it up for surfing with the extra bag we ran on the bow. Now I hit the smash pad 4 times, set my wedge to 5, cruise to 11.5 mph and pick a side all while sitting in the captains chair. It is a huge improvement over the A20.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:46 am 
Team Axis

Walter17 wrote:
We are now 20 hours in with our '19 A24. Yes, yes and yes. The thing is absolutely amazing. We have our surf wave dialed and on point. Transfers are now a piece of cake with how much push this thing has. Airs are getting better now that I am trying them. Spins are still spinning. The amount of room in the boat is insane. Everyone comments on how spacious it is. Power wedge ROCKS! It will take our boat fully loaded and slap in on plane (1,000 feet of elevation) with the 409 motor. Wake board wave is scary big, still sore from last weekend.

Boat = investment. No. It's a depreciating asset, but it gives me a hell of a lot of enjoyment each and every time I am on it. The three big ones for us were the space, no bags on the seats so everything is hidden, and the insane improvement on the surf wave from our 16 A20. Plus we got a smoking trade on our A20 so the net difference wasn't terrible. If I were you I'd sell your A20 and then just rid your buddies A24s. That's a lot cheaper.

Our A20 was awesome, but it took a lot to set it up for surfing with the extra bag we ran on the bow. Now I hit the smash pad 4 times, set my wedge to 5, cruise to 11.5 mph and pick a side all while sitting in the captains chair. It is a huge improvement over the A20.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I hear ya with the work it takes to get the A20 set up for surfing. We run an extra bow bag too. It really limits the space in the already small A20. We decided however that the A24 is too far a stretch right now financially. I like your idea of riding on friends boats all the time but we're a family of 5 and that not fair to ask. We're going to save up some $$ then probably go bigger when we can.