It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: FAE Question
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:31 am 

So I am looking at purchasing a FAE for me 15 T23. Question is that I am being told the factory flapper needs to be removed and purchase a new one from them. is that correct or are they just upselling me? To me it look like the boot for the pipe slides over the factory pipe and it makes no sense why the factory flapper would need to be replaced.

Post subject: Re: FAE Question
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:19 pm 
Team Axis

I thought flappers went away , but I guess they are there for backflow still, didn’t know FAE was like that cause of the uturn pipe

You are doing a muffler delete , right ? Will become a quite gas hog if you don’t. You have to replumb from cats to exits , many have used stock plumbing parts temporarily and then for more than a season that are from Home Depot like ABS 45’,s rubber/silicone extensions(like you already have ), etc . Supposedly it can handle the cat water temps at least temporarily Don’t know what happens to flapper fitting

Good news is access to raw wster pump improves for impeller or belt or alternator maintenance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:37 am 

granddaddy55 wrote:
I thought flappers went away , but I guess they are there for backflow still, didn’t know FAE was like that cause of the uturn pipe

You are doing a muffler delete , right ? Will become a quite gas hog if you don’t. You have to replumb from cats to exits , many have used stock plumbing parts temporarily and then for more than a season that are from Home Depot like ABS 45’,s rubber/silicone extensions(like you already have ), etc . Supposedly it can handle the cat water temps at least temporarily Don’t know what happens to flapper fitting

Good news is access to raw wster pump improves for impeller or belt or alternator maintenance

Everything I have read says it will not effect fuel consumption, and nothing about a muffler delete. I do not plan on doing a muffler delete. As far as giving me room to get to my belts and raw water pump all that is wide open on my boat to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:26 am 
Team Axis

Factory surf pipe deletes the muffler.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 pm 
Boater

Bryan1- I have a 2011 A20 with FAE and the flanges they use sit directly over where the flappers seat against so they get in the way. BTW I've noticed a significant fuel consumption increase with mine. I'm not sure if it's just me, but we used to last all day on a tank wakeboarding, but since I installed it, I find myself having to take a break 3/4 through the day to fill her up. I don't have cats and I still have the factory muffler installed.

granddaddy55- I was unaware I could delete the factory muffler for improved fuel economy with an FAE. Where did you get this information from? any links?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:54 am 
Team Axis

ryguy1188 wrote:
Bryan1- I have a 2011 A20 with FAE and the flanges they use sit directly over where the flappers seat against so they get in the way. BTW I've noticed a significant fuel consumption increase with mine. I'm not sure if it's just me, but we used to last all day on a tank wakeboarding, but since I installed it, I find myself having to take a break 3/4 through the day to fill her up. I don't have cats and I still have the factory muffler installed.

granddaddy55- I was unaware I could delete the factory muffler for improved fuel economy with an FAE. Where did you get this information from? any links?

The factory surf pipe setup deletes the muffler. Tech rep I spoke with said if it is left in it causes too much back pressure.