It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Winterize through factory flush kit option A24
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:44 pm 
Team Axis

I have a 2018 A24 and ordered it with the transom flush kit with the intention of using it for quick winterization.

I went to do it yesterday with a 5 gallon jug full of RV antifreeze and a short garden hose running from that to the flush out connection on the transom. Boat was warmed up and I closed the cold water through hull inlet but the boat will not pull the antifreeze from the jug. I had the jug well above the motor and even tried pressurizing it but couldn't get it to flow through.

Am I doing something wrong? I called the dealer and they were no help and just said bring it in and pay us the $500 to do it for you. I specifically ordered the boat with this option for this purpose and can't get it to work.

Any ideas?

Jason

Post subject: Re: Winterize through factory flush kit option A24
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:37 pm 
Team Axis

I have the transom flush kit on my 15 A22 as part of the salt water package to flush everything on my half closed cooling system and it works great with a pressurized hose.

Do you have a closed cooling system on your boat too, or is raw water circulating through your engine block?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:23 am 
Team Axis

There is not enough suction on that flush port to pull the antifreeze in. You need a pump. Any small 12v or 120v pump will work. Just find one that accepts garden hoses and your set.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:58 am 

Camco Do It Yourself Boat Winterizer- Quickly Winterize Marine Engines, Allows Flushing and Preparation of Boat Engine for Winter Storage (65501) by Camco.

I have the same set up on my 2018 A24 and used the "CAMCO" set up to do mine and it worked great. I made sure boat was nice and warm prior to flushing it. make sure you have the bleeder valve open on the 5gal container.