It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Adding tower lights
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 pm 

I have an 2018 axis t33. I want to add tower lights. Any suggestions on where and what kind to get?

Post subject: Re: Adding tower lights
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:15 am 
Team Axis

Don’t mount beefy looking square 4 bulb led tgst sticks out as placement more centered to tower pylon in middle spaced inside tower speaker mounts , mine were centered between outer speaker clamp and tower pylon and because if their depth they are rope hazards

Perfect lights for intensity mounted in the perfect position for lighting the surf wave and black metal body look on black tower but too big

Need low profile , probably not IP67, mounted more flat slightly to bottom of tower. Those are usually a flatter long 4 bulbs in a row and have a lower profile

Post subject: Re: Adding tower lights
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 pm 

I purchased 4 of the square amazon led spot lights (dont get flood) and I mounted them using a bolt through the spare upper tower rack mount holes. I had two facing forward and two facing rearward. The lights on the front helped me see stuff in the water but only when stuff is there. Kind of weird to say but as I am driving forward at night you just see water until something (log, buoy, etc.) shows itself then you can see it. It helped a bit with trailering mostly but the lights blind the crap out of anyone on a boat heading towards you, or anyone on the shore when you are driving up. I also have the docking lights that helped a bit too. The two rear facing lights we used a lot more. I initially mounted the lights on the tower and left the raw wires from the light hanging then took it to the dealer for the install. I think they charged me 300. The lights used the "tower light" switch integrated in the dash. It is a 3 press switch. 1=front lights only, 2=rear lights only, 3=all lights on, 4=all off. If I did it over I would add individual switches on the two rear lights. We had the regular light wiring go out and so only the goofy side would light up and I actually liked only having one side light up. It helped cut down on bugs and didnt shine in the eyes of everyone on the boat on the back on the side that wasn't being surfed on. I will try to find pictures.