It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Best Wakesurf Board for Heavier Guys?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:56 pm 

Hey All,

I know there's been a thread about this, but I'm having a hard time finding the right wake surf board for me so I'm starting my own.

I'm 6'0" and weigh 220 or so. I want a board that's very fast so I definitely don't want a beginner board. I'd like to eventually be able to do tricks and don't care so much about stability.

With that said, I've ridden my buddies Phase 5 (not sure what model) carbon board and it was very fast which I liked, but I still had trouble staying in the sweet spot and going without the rope. Maybe the board wasn't the right size.

I'm currently looking at Phase 5, Doomswell and Hyperlite. Anyone know which board would be best for my style? Wanting something fast enough to go without the rope and fast to do tricks.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Best Wakesurf Board for Heavier Guys?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:31 pm 
Team Axis

JChi wrote:
Hey All,

I know there's been a thread about this, but I'm having a hard time finding the right wake surf board for me so I'm starting my own.

I'm 6'0" and weigh 220 or so. I want a board that's very fast so I definitely don't want a beginner board. I'd like to eventually be able to do tricks and don't care so much about stability.

With that said, I've ridden my buddies Phase 5 (not sure what model) carbon board and it was very fast which I liked, but I still had trouble staying in the sweet spot and going without the rope. Maybe the board wasn't the right size.

I'm currently looking at Phase 5, Doomswell and Hyperlite. Anyone know which board would be best for my style? Wanting something fast enough to go without the rope and fast to do tricks.

Thanks!

Well find out the model man, haha.

I was going to recommend the Phase 5 Wire, we have a guy on our boat that's pushing 300# and rides my 57" one and can stay in the sweet spot all day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:55 pm 
Team Axis

I am 5'9 and 230lbs. I enjoyed the p5 hammerhead and doniallo (sp). I prefer surf style over skim. I posted a board that is budget friendly in the gear section. It is my favorite board at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:43 am 
Team Axis

I am about the same size and love the Doomswell Neo and Nubstep I'm a 4'8. Super fast, very responsive and fin placement to allow different riding styles. Try it out, you won't be sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:10 pm 

I’m 6,1 at 255lbs and I absolutely love my chaos ringer XL board.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 am 

80AMT23 wrote:
JChi wrote:
Hey All,

Thanks!

Well find out the model man, haha.

I was going to recommend the Phase 5 Wire, we have a guy on our boat that's pushing 300# and rides my 57" one and can stay in the sweet spot all day.

Thanks for the insight everyone!

Haha, so the model ended up being the Matrix, but don't know the size of the board.

I've settled on the Model X board by Phase 5 in a size 58. Looking forward to getting it and I'll update this thread after I ride it!