It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Help, Auto Bilge while surfing
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:27 am 

We just started surfing with our new 2017 T23. After about 20mins into our surfing some of the times after we stop to pick up a downed surfer or switch riders when we start surfing again the auto bilge comes on. It turns on when the bow comes up and the water rushes to the back of the boat after were stopped. It will activate for up to 10 seconds, quite a bit of water (with the alarm blaring while its activating). It’s not every time we stop but it has happened every time we have went out surfing now and only when we have surfed.

Have other people experienced this as well? I don’t think my ballast is leaking so I am trying to find out where this water is coming from.

Post subject: Re: Help, Auto Bilge while surfing
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:56 am 
Team Axis

I had the issue as well. It turned out the my plug n play bow bag had a small hole where the drain port was. I tried turning the bilge pump, so that the flapper would raise side to side and not forwards and backwards, which helped. But finding where the water was getting into the boat was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:14 pm 
Boater

Any chance you are slowing down pretty quickly or maybe the other driver is when you are surfing and the wake is washing up on the back of boat and sun pad. This can easily put a good amount a water in the bildge after multiple stops and starts. Maybe the other driver is dunking the bow in the surf rollers when turning around also.
Either that or you have a slow leak somewhere that is slowly filling bildge and when you stand it up to surf all the water rushes to the back. Dry out the bildge completely and fill all ballast full while checking for leaks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 am 

Thanks for the replies, I’ll check that stuff out this weekend when we head out surfing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:52 pm 

This happens to us all day long. I have younger kids and swim breaks are part of our day. They repeatedly jump of the sun deck and climb back on board. When we start surfing, all that water triggers the bilge. Is there anyway to silence the alarm that goes with it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:01 pm 
Team Axis

texaggs wrote:
This happens to us all day long. I have younger kids and swim breaks are part of our day. They repeatedly jump of the sun deck and climb back on board. When we start surfing, all that water triggers the bilge. Is there anyway to silence the alarm that goes with it?

If you hit the down arrow that is pointed to the left in between the surf gate directions, it will silence it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:04 am 

I just got a 2018 A20 and this happened to me the first time I took it surfing. I brought it to the dealer and they said it was normal since all the water gets pushed to the back when the bow is up but they couldn't tell me where the water was coming from.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:28 pm 
Team Axis

You probably have a leak. Probably a bag. Fill them all up and look at all three connections and see if there's water coming out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:27 am 

I am having the same issue. Where do I check for the water that would be causing the auto bilge to turn on? There is no water in the engine compartment or the access where the drain plug is, both are bone dry? Thoughts?

Thanks you in advance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:28 am 

We had the same issue in our '17 T22. Water swamps our rear deck when we decelerate after a surfer falls. My son put electrical tape over the holes in the bottom of the cup holders at the back of the swim deck and it has slowed the auto bilge alarm from coming on quite a bit. It still comes on once in awhile but not nearly as much as it used to.

The downfall of this is that we have to empty the cupholders at the end of the day. Usually empty them with a microfiber towel when wiping the boat down after trailering.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk