It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ballast breaker popping
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:56 am 
Team Axis

14 T22

The toggle switch for the fill/drain will not function, the light on the toggle will blink off and on, the fill or drain pumps will not turn on, then the breaker will pop. Any ideas where to start my troubleshooting?

Post subject: Re: Ballast breaker popping
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:19 pm 
Team Axis

Just dealt with this the other day. However, My switch never blinked. My fill would work but my dump wouldn’t, when I would flip to drain nothing would happen and then be breaker would pop.

I pulled both pumps and made sure the bodies were clean, then rotated the pumps by hand. Plugged them back and and checked them before I put them back in. Everything worked after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:05 pm 
Team Axis

First thing always with aerator pumps is to see if the cartridge is spinning. Find the pump in question, hold it in your hand and have someone turn it on. If nothing happens unsieze (spin by hand) or replace the cartridge. This normally is the only fix necessary.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:11 am 
Boater

ndahlberg12 wrote:
Just dealt with this the other day. However, My switch never blinked. My fill would work but my dump wouldn’t, when I would flip to drain nothing would happen and then be breaker would pop.

I pulled both pumps and made sure the bodies were clean, then rotated the pumps by hand. Plugged them back and and checked them before I put them back in. Everything worked after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also had this issue and there was some sand that got stuck in the pump, one dealer replaced the fuse and said good to go(malibu dealer), and my local shop actually pulled the pump it apart and fixed the issue as it tripped again next trip out. I carry spare fuses on the boat now just for this potential scenario its a pain in the ass to reach some of them up under the dash.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:24 pm 

I am having this issue with the front bag, it fills but does not empty. The light turns on then the breaker pops Any idea where the pump is located for the front bags on the A20?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:43 pm 
Team Axis

jbrackett wrote:
I am having this issue with the front bag, it fills but does not empty. The light turns on then the breaker pops Any idea where the pump is located for the front bags on the A20?

Its under the front circle access cover next to the driver seat. They are a pain to get too. Have fun.