It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Bow bag on top of seats A20.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:07 pm 

Hi All,

I am going to add extra ballast up-front, what sac fits best on top the seats on my A20?

Thanks in advance.

-Josh

Post subject: Re: Bow bag on top of seats A20.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:06 pm 
Team Axis

Quimbola wrote:
Hi All,

I am going to add extra ballast up-front, what sac fits best on top the seats on my A20?

Thanks in advance.

-Josh
When I had my 16 A20 I ran a sumo 650 triangle bag on top of the cushions. Fits perfect and if you max out the bag it actually holds around 850lbs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:09 pm 
Team Axis

I use the fly high 1k bag. It is a touch larger than the bow in my 12. When you fill it up it sits nicely. But flat it is just a touch large.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:17 pm 
Boater

Friday was the first time out with a sumo 850 in a 17 A22. Fits nicely in the bow. Rolls if you don’t put it back against the seats.

I’d go with a triangle bag if you don’t think you will ever put it any other place. I often have kids in the bow so I needed an option I could run in the walkway also.

Initial feedback on the wave was great. It was me and two buddies so the boat needed weight. Normally we can’t run the wedge with so few people because the wave just falls apart. With the added bow weight and the wedge, the wave was nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:18 am 
Team Axis

I had a 16 A20 and we did the ronix triangle bag. For perfect and made the wake amazing. Image
This rider is 170lbs and 6’1”. Couldn’t believe the wake that 20 footer can throw out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:20 am 
Team Axis

Also, manual Wedge down with that much bow weight.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:24 pm 
Team Axis

Lead and keep your seats , 500 lbs take up virtually no space In corners of forward facing bow seats, wish I would have bought 35’s instead of 50’s for purposes of ease of use to move each bag that would have less weight and stashing spaces

Last edited by granddaddy55 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:43 pm 
Team Axis

MNSurfDad wrote:
I had a 16 A20 and we did the ronix triangle bag. For perfect and made the wake amazing. Image
This rider is 170lbs and 6’1”. Couldn’t believe the wake that 20 footer can throw out.

I have a 17' a20. What's the setup in this pic? And was the wave just as good on the goofy side?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:56 pm 
Team Axis

Here is how we ran that (at least to the best of my memory).

800s PnP close to full in each rear
Center Full - from dealer/stock. Not sure size
U Shape Bow Bag (under seats) full - from dealer/stock. Not sure size. It did pup up the front seat cushion everytime telling us it was full...
Extra Bow Bag - 600# Ronix Triangle Bag on top of seats
We usually had the speed set around 11 or 11.2. But the more weight typically the more speed we would need to keep things clean.

Not sure about the the pic I sent, but I also had an 800# on the floor just in front of the rear seat with nobody else in the boat. This is a variable we would include if the crew is light, but if we had more than a driver and a spotter or two we would usually hold off. Just made it too hard to plane the boat off. Towards the end of the season we started to use this and go without the wedge. This was much easier to drive and the wake was a bit mellower and super clean and long. Just a preference.

We did run the power prop from Axis, and it did okay with this setup and a 350 HP engine. No way I could plane off with this weight, but it surfed great.

My buddy made tons of videos of us surfing and playing on the lake that year with that boat. Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/brianthron/playlists

The playlist "Summer Is Here Season 2" is when we got the A20. Have fun and let me know if you have any other questions!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:57 pm 
Team Axis

Here is how we ran that (at least to the best of my memory).

800s PnP close to full in each rear
Center Full - from dealer/stock. Not sure size
U Shape Bow Bag (under seats) full - from dealer/stock. Not sure size. It did pup up the front seat cushion everytime telling us it was full...
Extra Bow Bag - 600# Ronix Triangle Bag on top of seats
We usually had the speed set around 11 or 11.2. But the more weight typically the more speed we would need to keep things clean.

Not sure about the the pic I sent, but I also had an 800# on the floor just in front of the rear seat with nobody else in the boat. This is a variable we would include if the crew is light, but if we had more than a driver and a spotter or two we would usually hold off. Just made it too hard to plane the boat off. Towards the end of the season we started to use this and go without the wedge. This was much easier to drive and the wake was a bit mellower and super clean and long. Just a preference.

We did run the power prop from Axis, and it did okay with this setup and a 350 HP engine. No way I could plane off with this weight, but it surfed great.

My buddy made tons of videos of us surfing and playing on the lake that year with that boat. Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/brianthron/playlists

The playlist "Summer Is Here Season 2" is when we got the A20. Have fun and let me know if you have any other questions!