It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Texas farm bureau insurance boycott!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:54 pm 
Team Axis

I reason this is kinda off topic but it could potentially affect a few people here in different ways. If any one is building or thinking about building a house do not buy builders risk from them. I assumed builders risked covered theft, of wire and a/c units at least, tools are different. My outside condesers for my 2 units, that were plumbed and wired up already, were stolen last weekend I made a claim and the adjuster called and said that stuff isn't covered only damages done by the theft. Well the damage to the plumbing and wiring was damaged and has to be replaced. Now they are trying to tell me that it's only damages done by entering or exiting. Sounds like splitting hairs to me looking for a way out. Just trying to save people the trouble and stress I have had to deal with. On top of all this is the way they have handle themselves through it all, the way they talk to me and and went as far as to call me a liar about finding other companies that do cover theft with builders risk. If any one has any insurance with Texas farm bureau you may wanna call ur agent and make sure that you both completely understand the exact term analogy of the policy.

Post subject: Re: Texas farm bureau insurance boycott!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:07 pm 
Team Axis

boo, sorry for your bad luck, they never seem to go over the fine print until after they had their hands in your pocket

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:37 pm 
Team Axis

Things like this really piss me off. I'm in a townhome with a monthly assoc payment. It covers roof, but if there's a leak and things get damaged due to the leak in the roof, they fix the leak and tell you to pound dirt about the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm 
Team Axis

My adjuster told me they will cover damages done by theft but not the items stole. Then when I said ok so y'all will pay to have the new copper lines ran and to have the new units put in. He called back and said only cover damages done when entering and exiting. Sounds like it depends on who's reading it and the way they see it. Any way it's still an on going battle. I am not just going to accept "no we don't cover that"