It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Bow sac won’t drain
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:47 pm 

I have a 2016 T 23. I just installed the wakemakers pnp sacs. Back went well, everything works great. Pretty sure I hooked up the front sac correctly. The line with the back flow preventer on it I figured was the fill. The other higher line seemed to be the vent since it flowed air straight out the side when I blew through it. I figured the other low line must be the drain.

So I went out and was able to fill the front sac. It vented over the side when it was full. Now for the bad part, wouldn’t drain. Luckily I planned ahead and brought a second plug in pump with fittings. Pumped the water out of the sac with my back up plan. When I turn the bow switch to drain I can faintly hear a pump more or less trying to run but it’s intermittent. Any thoughts for a new owner? Where can I locate the drain pump for the bow sac?

Thanks in advance!!!

Post subject: Re: Bow sac won’t drain
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:04 pm 
Team Axis

Onthelake17 wrote:
I have a 2016 T 23. I just installed the wakemakers pnp sacs. Back went well, everything works great. Pretty sure I hooked up the front sac correctly. The line with the back flow preventer on it I figured was the fill. The other higher line seemed to be the vent since it flowed air straight out the side when I blew through it. I figured the other low line must be the drain.

So I went out and was able to fill the front sac. It vented over the side when it was full. Now for the bad part, wouldn’t drain. Luckily I planned ahead and brought a second plug in pump with fittings. Pumped the water out of the sac with my back up plan. When I turn the bow switch to drain I can faintly hear a pump more or less trying to run but it’s intermittent. Any thoughts for a new owner? Where can I locate the drain pump for the bow sac?

Thanks in advance!!!

I have a 2015 t22. I can assume our Pnp is the same piping for the bow. My pump is in the cluster of pumps located near the center drain plug. It’s a poor setup for the drain in my opinion I think they get airlocked. My bag does not drain continuously when I turn the pump on. But somehow it’s ends up draining throughout the day. I honestly don’t care too much but I would be interested in a fix. I feel like the pump needs to be brought up to the bag itself.

I hope you get some answers. These Forums seem to be dying by the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:12 am 
Team Axis

Onthelake17 wrote:

Thanks in advance!!!

It's gravity man...the WakeMakers bag has the drain port in the middle rear of the bag (mine does at least). If you fill the bag that causes the bow to drop forward. The actual pump as the other guy said is in the center hole where the plug is. If the bow slopes forward, that pushes the water forward, which causes the drain hose to rise, thus creating a rise in the path water as to take and likely introducing air because the drain port out the side isn't sealed. So at that point, your pump may have a little water in the line above it, but then there's air and nothing to suck on to pull the rest of the water out of the bag.

Now if you take off and that slams the water in the bag to the rear, forcing it down the drain port, then it should drain just fine. Trace your drain hose, it should run starboard out a little tiny gap beside the fill line and below the dash in a cutout in the floor. If it's routed up and high around the bow area then you're probably not going to have luck forcing water up there to prime the pump and suck the water out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:55 am 
Team Axis

Stand on it it will prime the pump, the front bag PNP is garbage won't drain when you want it to and drains when you don't! you can also hit the drain at speed and it'll prime and drain that way too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:37 am 

Thanks for the info. Got it fixed. I used the suggestions and that got things started in the right direction. Only issue I had was every time the pump sucked a bit of air it wouldn’t reprime. So I dug into it and noticed the drain pump was sitting very high. I cut some zip ties and lowered it in the hull. Now if it sucks air it reprimes on its own. It doesn’t loose prime as easy either. Amazing what gravity can do if you let it. Thanks for the help!