It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Front ballast question?
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:23 pm 

I got a 2015 T22 this spring. Finally got it in the water this past weekend and was able to start “playing” with the different features to begin to learn the systems. The only thing that I didn’t understand was with the front ballast. When I went to fill the front ballast, water immediately started dumping overboard which I didn’t expect. I still haven’t installed my bags, so I don’t have anything but the built in tanks. Why would the water start dumping overboard immediately when I turned on the switch? I’m not 100% sure this boat comes with a front tank, and thought it may have to have a bag for the front. I don’t have the original manual, just the one I got offline, and it isn’t clear on that. What’s the deal here? Is there a valve I need to open? Is there a built in front tank to fill? Any help with this would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Glenn

Post subject: Re: Front ballast question?
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:37 pm 
Team Axis

Factory stock tanks are subfloor rears and a center tank. The bow “tank” is the plug and play bag that you need to install. The reason it poured over the side was because the bqg isn’t installed. Under the front cushions should be three hoses that all connect at a “Y” fitting. Your bag will have three ports for those three hoses. The rear plug and play bags piggy back off of the subfloor hard tanks meaning that once the hard tank is full it overflows into the bag that sits on top.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:04 pm 

That makes perfect sense, and what I thought might be a possibility. The online manual for this boat is not that great. Is there any literature that shows how the ballast system and the PNP really work? Half the manual is devoted to water safety and the other half doesn’t give any description of the ballast system. Seems kinda lacking to me. Thanks for the quick response. Should be installing the front and rear bags on Friday. Looking forward to seeing the difference they make.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:22 am 
Team Axis

Besides the factory, or dealers, Im not sure of specific manuals for boat systems. Enjoy your boat.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:12 pm 
Team Axis

DocGlenn wrote:
That makes perfect sense, and what I thought might be a possibility. The online manual for this boat is not that great. Is there any literature that shows how the ballast system and the PNP really work? Half the manual is devoted to water safety and the other half doesn’t give any description of the ballast system. Seems kinda lacking to me. Thanks for the quick response. Should be installing the front and rear bags on Friday. Looking forward to seeing the difference they make.

Just don’t go with any short lines as they bind the bag ports when bag is real full(I use 850 rears real full on surf side) and eventually tear and ruin the bag. Run long lines in wrong direction and loop back to port it connects to

Run the appropriate 90 or straight quick connects to eliminate bind
Ex. A series ‘14 snd I think 15 use 950 mushroom. The drain port is served by drain line coming from bilge up thru floor to meet port, initially I used a straight quick but with hard hose that bent to meet port created a bind and constantly leaked from port. . Shortened that hose (all rest were lengthened in my pnp redo ) changed straight quick connect to 90 and the short hose free supports or hangs the drain pump not anchored to anything. 90 and hose and pump rise slightly as bag fills snd creates no bind

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:30 pm 

10-4. Thanks for the advice. I’m going to install front and rear bags tomorrow. I fully expect to be making a trip to the store to get parts to allow for a passive fit. Will see how it goes.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:31 pm 

10-4. Thanks for the advice. I’m going to install front and rear bags tomorrow. I fully expect to be making a trip to the store to get parts to allow for a passive fit. Will see how it goes.