It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Plumbed ballast on top of front seats?
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:22 pm 

Hi All,

As we know the A20 LOVES nose weight. I could have sworn I saw a post where someone plumbed additional ballast for a wedge bag on top of the front seats? I would love to incorporate it into the current PNP.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

TIA.

Post subject: Re: Plumbed ballast on top of front seats?
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:02 pm 
Team Axis

It won't really work with existing PNP... too hard to get fill and drain to work right. Now if you plumb in a supplemental reversible pump instead... works great!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:47 pm 
Boater

You could do it if you tapped into the front pnp overflow line. Fill pump would fill the hard tank then overflow into the pnp bag which would overflow into the bag on the seat which would overflow out the original overflow port in the side of the boat. Drain would happen in reverse with the help of gravity.

Hard part is if you wanted to remove the bag in the seat. You would have to make a jumper to connect the pnp overflow line with the original boat port.

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. I don’t think there is a way to do this very clean.

A few months ago someone posted a setup with a reversible pump and a triangle bag with the hose hidden in one of the front cup holders. Unroll, plug into the cup holder and hit the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:14 pm 

Yes, that is the one I was thinking of...Link?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:00 pm 
Team Axis

My 1k bag is plumbed to a reversible through a cup holder. If thats what your looking for feel free to ask me anything. If your thinking of tying into the pnp I'd chime in with Clayne and Shawn - can be done but I certainly prefer the reversible.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:53 am 

onwi wrote:
My 1k bag is plumbed to a reversible through a cup holder. If thats what your looking for feel free to ask me anything. If your thinking of tying into the pnp I'd chime in with Clayne and Shawn - can be done but I certainly prefer the reversible.

I would like any info or tips on your setup, anything you would do differently?

Thanks in advance.

-Josh

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:12 am 
Team Axis

I like it, its not perfect but I can think of anything I'd change.
There really isn't any space beneath the cup holder so the connection still sits higher than the top of the cup holder. The cup holder obviously becomes useless, but if a future owner wants to remove the cup holder is only a couple of bucks.
I have a 2012 so I have rocker switches. I really like that I was able to replace the ACC switch with a bow ballast one.
I mounted my pump behind the kick panel and the thru-hull is back by the engine on the starboard side. Nothing really specific to my set up there - with any one make sure you plan out where you are going to be placing all the thru hull pieces. When you connect the thru hull, a 90 and a ball valve you end up with something pretty big. Be sure you can access the install point with the tools you'll need to do the final tightening. Like anything with a boat space is one of the biggest issues.
My 1k bow bag with the reversible empties and fills faster than my other parts of the pnp system. Empties flat too.
One last thing. After I watched my wife, 2 year old and mother in law idle through my wake and get seriously swamped, I cut a piece of tubing long enough to reach the bilge. I can empty the bag and then disconnect the short tube I regularly use and connect the long one and help pump out the bilge if we were to take on that much water again.
If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.