It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Wedge deployed Alert
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm 
Team Axis

we have a 2015 T23 and the dash alert for when the wedge is deployed does not function.

Anyone have any advice on how to check whats wrong? Physically the sensor on the wedge looks okay.

thanks

Post subject: Re: Wedge deployed Alert
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:59 pm 
Boater

I had this recently on my 17 where the dash always said the wedge was down. My problem was that the little spring between the sensor and the wedge got bent so it wasn’t pushing up far enough when the wedge was up. It was hard to see looking at it.

Try manually manipulating the sensor to see if it changes the dash. If it does then you know it’s working and is a physical problem. If you hear the switch clicking but the dash does not change then it’s electrical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:37 pm 
Team Axis

Had the same problem on my 2014 A22. It turned out to be a defective sensor. Looked like water got inside the switch and corroded it. I ended up buying a new sensor.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:17 pm 
Team Axis

Where did you buy the new sensor?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:49 am 
Team Axis

My dealer got it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:27 am 
Team Axis

1st 2.5 years I just bent the spring lever down and would fix problem . I think the bending of lever may be how an opening is created in switch leading to the real failure vs the lever not being in right place, just went outside to listen for the click and I could hear the water bubbling out from the switch when I pressed it instead of a click so there’s your/mine answer

So is it as easy as just unscrew plug at hex head plastic coupler by the transom ? And replace by unscrewing mount snd I assume new switch comes with hex head pigtail

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:33 am 
Team Axis

pilotflying wrote:
Had the same problem on my 2014 A22. It turned out to be a defective sensor. Looked like water got inside the switch and corroded it. I ended up buying a new sensor.

I’m confused, you are saying sensor is in the switch right, if not where is the sensor ???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:17 pm 
Team Axis

Don’t have dealer anymore , just sent message to Andrew at bakes to order one and my broken pickle fork rubrail corner wife broke when she hit guide pole a month ago , just noticed it broken last Friday on a surf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:22 am 
Team Axis

My switch decided to work this weekend after no click being heard and pressing arm upward and hearing the air and water , still ordered the part, it can’t last with the water invasion, but we will see and I’ll hold the new one a while and see how far it goes. The real problem is the wedge down message blocking the depth finder, I may not have bothered to replace if that didn’t happen

I know when the wedge is down

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:32 am 
Team Axis

granddaddy55 wrote:
pilotflying wrote:

I’m confused, you are saying sensor is in the switch right, if not where is the sensor ???

Sorry for the confusion. Actually it's all in that small part with the metal bracket. Where the cable comes out water got in and after it worked only intermittently, it stopped working completely.

granddaddy55 wrote:
My switch decided to work this weekend after no click being heard and pressing arm upward and hearing the air and water , still ordered the part, it can’t last with the water invasion, but we will see and I’ll hold the new one a while and see how far it goes. The real problem is the wedge down message blocking the depth finder, I may not have bothered to replace if that didn’t happen

I know when the wedge is down

How is your wedge down message blocking the depth finder in a 2014? Isn't the wedge light inside the tachometer and the depth finder in the digital gauge?