It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Thinks of buying an Axis but have few ????
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:17 pm 

Hi Axis owners,

I may be joining you very soon. I have put money down on a 2011 A22 hold over. However I was originally going to my local dealer to purchase a used wakesetter VLX or LSV. The Axis kind of caught me by surprise b/c I hadn't even heard of it before visiting the dealership. After the boat show and a couple more visits to the dealership I am all about the Axis. So much so if money were no issue and I could buy this years wakesetter I think I would still probably get the Axis.

I Just wanted to know how all of you like it so far? I have read about the cup holder ripping some of the vinyl on the engine cover. Any other problems with boats.

Also is the stereo option 2 pretty good or will I want to upgrade when comparing it to the wakesetters standard stereo.

Thanks for any input

Post subject: Re: Thinks of buying an Axis but have few ????
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:35 pm 

Whoops!!! I meant to say Thinking of...... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:11 pm 
Team Axis

I have had my boat for two years and have no complaints. The boat is an awesome boat that has a ton of space, the wake is easy to manage from beginner to advance riders and I haven't had any issues with it. Axis answered all my questions and have been very responsive to any inquiries I have had.

I usually get tired of things (cars/trucks) pretty quick and sell them. I plan on keeping the Axis for a while because it meets all of my families requirements and does so well.

The stereo is average. I ended up adding a third amp and replacing the tower speakers with HLCD speakers that I could hear while wakeboarding. If I ordered the boat from scratch I would purchase it without the stereo and build it to what I wanted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:43 pm 
Team Axis

Agree with elc. The only thing I have left from the stock system is the head unit. IMO, I love the looks of it on the water...exotic if you will. I had a few minor issues with warranty items, but every boat has them. As far as options, I'd go for decktrac, plug n play, bolster seat, led's, chillax seats, 5 blade prop, and tower mount mirror. Mine hasn't had any issues with cupholder and cover.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:05 am 

I've only had my A22 for about 3 months but absolutely love it! My mate has a Wakesetter and it is a fantastic boat...but I would go the Axis, you will love it. Everyone who rides behind it says how amazing it is, even a guy at work who has been buying Mastercraft for years can't believe how great this boat is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:06 am 

Thanks for the posts. The only option I don't have that was mentioned is the tower mounted mirror. But I was planning on getting one. The stereo did seem a little weak to me when I was at the boat show.

I love the looks of the boat as well. I also really like the simplicity of the boat. I have 2 boys and they like to bring friends out a lot but they can really trash an interior in a hurry. The Axis looks like it will be easy to keep clean which is a big plus to me!

Will probably have my boat next month some time!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:49 am 
Team Axis

You're going to love it! Most of the bugs were worked out in the 11 models so I don't think you will have any problems but in the event you do they get it taken care of fast. Be sure to snap some pictures and put them up here! If it's not too much and you drive late the docking lights are a huge help when cruising in the dark, I absolutely love mine, my last boat had tower lights but it was harder to see with them on due to the glare on the gel, axis put them below the rub rail and they are amazing at night, docking lights, flip up bolster and chillax would be my favorite add ons.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:25 am 
Team Axis

Chiro1 wrote:
. I have 2 boys and they like to bring friends out a lot but they can really trash an interior in a hurry. The Axis looks like it will be easy to keep clean which is a big plus to me!

Will probably have my boat next month some time!

This is a big plus. All of my riding buddies have little kids - like under 4 years old. The interior is perfect for us because it is so easy to clean. I don't have to worry about the interior and after 250 hours of little kids (cheetos, juice etc) the interior still looks like the day I got it.

You are going to be stoked when you get your boat!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:44 am 
Team Axis

I was in the same position as you about a year ago. My wife wanted a VLX because of how nice they drive and handle compared to all other new boats, but a new one was out of our price range, so we looked at used. It came down to 3 boats, new axis, new vride 21, or 3-4 year old vlx.

I was all about the axis after driving it, sitting in it and riding behind it during a demo, but my wife was not there and still wanted the vlx. The vride was 5k more than the axis, so we ditched that plan. Then my wife drove the axis and loved it. I preferred the new a22 over the used vlx for obvious warranty issues, but at the same price, I was able to choose whatever I wanted as far as options and colors, and the ability to throw a ton of weight in it all hidden, without having to step over sacks or lead was a huge plus over the vlx.

My favorite thing about it, besides thinking it is the sexiest boat out right now, is the simple interior design with wakeboarding in mind... ie the chillax seats and slidebox seats.

If you get it, definately post pictures of her, and then go read all the threads about ballast and props and systems.

One thing I do know about the systems from the factory is that the amps will need tuning. You would think that they woud send out the boat with the amps correctlly hooked up and tuned, but most of the time, its not the case. It usually falls on the dealer to fix this. So that sound pack 2 is okay, if tuned correctly by a pro it will be good. But most of us either pulled everything out and replaced it or orded the boat new without the speakers/amps.

good luck and have fun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:01 pm 
Team Axis

Also, considering the kids and cleaning...I would look into the Tatami Mat (easy to snap out and clean and no staining/mildew issues like you sometimes have with carpet.
I don't know where you live, but here in GA the depth finder has come in very handy especially when they decide to drop the lake levels at some of the core lakes.
Like others have said...there was some minor warranty issues but the Axis dealers and service guys have been a pleasure to work with and have addressed every issue.
We love the boat and I think you will too.