It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Wakesurf Board Input
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:31 pm 

I think most here would agree to attend a local demo day if there are any available in your area.

I learned on a LF fish, outgrew it skillwise in about a month. I would definitely plan on buying 2 boards, one for beginners and one for you to ride and advance on. Don't be afraid to spend a little extra on a nice board, it'll pay off in the sense you wont be wanting a new one every couple of months.

Gotta support my Wolfpack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:59 pm 
Boater

When my kids started surfing 4 years ago we got them a 5'4" Hyperlite Broadcast to learn on and then later that year ended up with a 5' Ronix Koal Fish which they love because it's much faster and smaller to throw around on the water. But I'd like to get them a different board now, wondering if a Liquid Force Primo or Liquid Force Pod would be a good upgrade form the Ronix as far as the "Fun Factor". Or maybe a Phase 5 board?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:17 am 

A22man wrote:
When my kids started surfing 4 years ago we got them a 5'4" Hyperlite Broadcast to learn on and then later that year ended up with a 5' Ronix Koal Fish which they love because it's much faster and smaller to throw around on the water. But I'd like to get them a different board now, wondering if a Liquid Force Primo or Liquid Force Pod would be a good upgrade form the Ronix as far as the "Fun Factor". Or maybe a Phase 5 board?

I have a phase 5 hammerhead and love it, very light and fast and spins easily. I was also fortunate to be able to demo it before buying. The liquid force keen is a good board but haven't ridden any others from them. Local shops are pretty willing to let you demo since it could potentially mean 5-700$ from you. Also if you've got other local wakesurfers in your area some may be willing to let you hop on for a test ride if you bring some cold beverages or some gas money.

Gotta support my Wolfpack