It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: service required!!!......?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:33 pm 
Team Axis

any of you guys had any issues with the service required message beeping at you through your info panel? The first time it happened to me it had rained on us the whole drive to the lake(6hrs) the next day we go out and the service message kept coming on.....i put it back on the trailer and open up the engine cover and let everything dry out for about 3 hours in the sun and it was good for the rest of the weekend.... today the boat was running fine but after about an hour of running the damn message popped on me again.... so I look and everything in the back is dry, not a drop of water on the engine, I turn on the blower and run it for the rest of the day and after an hour and a half the message stopped coming on.... is there a way of checking for trouble codes, I looked all over this thing and cant find a dlc connector, I have about 5 different scan tools and if this thing has an obd2 connector id like to figure out whats causing my problem without having to leave it at the dealer for a month. any suggestions???

or do I have to reset something after performing the first service...I did the first one at 20 hrs right after that is when the light started coming on, all of the fluids are full and the temp, oil pressure and voltage are all normal. it runs fine but that message beep is really annoying

Post subject: Re: service required!!!......?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:59 pm 
Team Axis

Double check the oil level. I believe if it is low voltage, too hot etc. it actually says that on the screen rather then "service required".

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:45 pm 
Team Axis

its not the oil level ive checked it numerous times, and i know there is 6 quarts in it because i changed it myself, its weird for sure im going to contact malibu tomorrow and see if that delphi ecu can be read by any generic obd2 scan tool or if it is malibu specific

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 am 
Team Axis

After spending the whole morning on the phone asking questions I have to say the guys at AXIS are awesome and very helpful. He gave me a few key items to look at for moisture and told me the way they reccomend hooking up the PNP. He also told me the manufacturer of their software for checking the PCM for trouble codes. Whats going on right now is I may just still have moisture in my distributor causing the message to pop, secondly after I explained the ballast issue and not getting to plane fast enough with the 1235 prop he was shocked that it planed at all with the weight being that im at 3000 foot elevation. I called Indmar and they said to definitely reprop the boat so I dont overload the engine, he actually said the warranty would be void if I didn't prop it due to the amount of ballast. Called Acme and got the revised part number for the 1615 with a different pitch of 12.75. I just hope I can get this baby dialed in for Lake Amistad next month because im looking forward to wakeboarding devils river. I haven't been there in 29 years and look forward to having a bad ass weekend on the water.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:05 pm 
Team Axis

makes sense...

I didn't realize you were at elevation - def re-prop. If you want to sell your 1235 let me know how much you want for it. My spare is horrible and I would like to get another 1235.

-ed
ec.junk@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:45 pm 
Team Axis

Ill keep you in mind, I ordered the prop today. It depends on how it cruises and what rpm its turning at 27-30 mph, I usually don't drive much faster than that because i'm not the type to just rag on the engine....Id rather it stay running for a long time. Im sure ill like it though, I also ordered a scan tool from Rinda Technologies today so hopefully friday or monday I can figure out what the service light was all about. I have talked to multiple people at AXIS and Indmar and they all feel like it is just moisture somewhere because there is no driveability symptoms at all, every time it has come on it runs exactly the same as it always has. Ill just try to fix it myself, the scan tool was about the same cost as two trips to the dealer in fuel and I'd like to be able to monitor everything when it's happening. I'll keep you guys posted

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:48 pm 
Team Axis

Update?????? well my scan tool came in today, get home and hook up the boat and I get a damn code for a failed processor??? that really sucks. My damn computer has a problem at 20hrs? I'll make a few phone calls tomorrow and see what can be done because I really don't want to leave my boat at the dealer for god knows how long for then to figure this one out. for the technical people out there the code reads as follows
SPN: 65581 FM: 12
ECM Coprocessor (MHC) Bad Intelligent Device or Component
Occurrences 2
Software rev 1
Software release 20
ECM Hardware ID 5
ECM checksum CFE1 hex

Hopefully the tech guys at Indmar can give me some insight on what could have caused this and what can be done to prevent it, if it really is a PCM failure or just something else. In 15 years or being in the auto repair business I have yet to see a car that had a PCM processor failure not need a new computer to fix it........I hope it's something that they will work with me on and maybe fax me some flowcharts or whatever it is I need to fix this thing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:50 pm 

Have you resolved this yet? The system will tell you what code is stored. Get the code and the next time I'm logged on I'll see what I can do to get some information.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:01 pm 
Team Axis

Ok guys I finally think I have an answer to my problem..... I put on the 1615 modified prop and installed a new tach the day before I went out for labor day. The boat runs amazing with the new prop. The service indicator came on three times all week and I noticed that it only does it on startup. First time it happened I immediately check for trouble codes and none were stored, I can tell when the warning is going to come on by the way the starter sounds,it has a hiccup when cranking. When I turn it off then back on The message will be gone and everything is normal. I talked to malibu last friday and explained the situation and it seems as if im not the only one with this problem. The tech guy told me that they are still having software compatibility problems with the tach update but they are working hard to correct the issue. So no more worries for now!!! All there is to do now is wait for one of the guys at medallion to figure out the bug in the software, other than that the boat still runs like a top, just alot slower with the new prop, but it will yank its ass out of the water in a hurry!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:47 pm 
Team Axis

Walter, what sort of scan tool do you require for the engine?