It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Achieved a Life Long Goal Purchasing New Axis Boat!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:43 pm 

Thanks again for all your help everyone! much appreciated

So I went ahead and ordered a set of WakeMAKERS Axis Plug 'n Play 825 Rear Ballast Bag" last night
https://www.wakemakers.com/axis-825-rea ... anded.html

I'm planning to order this for the bow:
Axis Hi-Flo Plug N Play Front Factory Ballast Upgrade
(Axis CustomFit 390LB Bow Bag)
https://www.wakemakers.com/axis-hiflo-p ... grade.html

Anyone suggest I go with a different ballast bag for the bow?

Thanks again everyone for your help.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:33 pm 
Team Axis

onewake09 wrote:
Call up Ed at Board stop in Texas. Its where I got my bags for my boat. I paid 849 shipped for 750 rear bags and the bow bag. They are "fatsac" brand a great quality.

Sorry but that’s a rip off, 850 for two rears and a bow??????? Should have been under 7, poprobably under 6 for fly high fatsacs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:05 pm 
Team Axis

WakeMaine207 wrote:
Thanks again for all your help everyone! much appreciated

So I went ahead and ordered a set of WakeMAKERS Axis Plug 'n Play 825 Rear Ballast Bag" last night
https://www.wakemakers.com/axis-825-rea ... anded.html

I'm planning to order this for the bow:
Axis Hi-Flo Plug N Play Front Factory Ballast Upgrade
(Axis CustomFit 390LB Bow Bag)
https://www.wakemakers.com/axis-hiflo-p ... grade.html

Anyone suggest I go with a different ballast bag for the bow?

Thanks again everyone for your help.
I would stick with the Axis specific bags, drains, fill and vent ports are all in the right spots for our boats.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:32 pm 
Team Axis

granddaddy55 wrote:
onewake09 wrote:
Call up Ed at Board stop in Texas. Its where I got my bags for my boat. I paid 849 shipped for 750 rear bags and the bow bag. They are "fatsac" brand a great quality.

Sorry but that’s a rip off, 850 for two rears and a bow??????? Should have been under 7, poprobably under 6 for fly high fatsacs

Wakemakers was about the same price. I couldn't find Axis specific bags in October when I bought my boat. Dealer was out and wakemakers wouldn't have them until January. Boardstop was all I could find. Right now wakemakers is $519 for 850 rears and $290 for the bow bag. You have a link to Axis specific bags for less?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:40 am 

So from reading through various threads, it sounds like people trade their boats in often and I was curious if there was a specific reason for trading in boats more frequently?

Obviously if you are able to use the boat year round or you put on lots of hours during the season, that would make sense, but I'll be primarily using the boat on weekends and holidays through late April to late September. I'm estimating i'll be putting around 50 hours a year on the Axis.

I'm trading in a 2006 Sea Ray with 350 hours and the boat didn't have any real issues over the past 11 years. The boat was moderately used throughout the first 7 years and then from 2013-2017 I was averaging around 30 hours a year.

Are wakeboard/wakesurf boats more susceptible to experiencing issues after a few years that would make it so I wouldn't want to keep the boat for more than 10 years?

I will only be using the boat in fresh water (small lake) and want to extend the life of the boat as far as possible.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:43 pm 
Team Axis

Most of these guys that always trade their boats in are the same people that constantly trade their cars in also. They seem to never be satisfied. Its different if your going to a bigger boat for the size and family growth. But alot of guys just by LSV after LSV every couple years. Too each their own I guess. Its helps the used market. I would like to trade my a20 for a t22 or 23 in a few years, if I can get the wife on board of course, otherwise Im sticking with this one for a long time. I envision as my young kids get more into surfing and boarding I'll be bringing their friends along as well. We'll see. Any boat that has alot of gadgets and tech is going to have issues. Thats kinda why people go axis over malibu. I dont need touch screens and fancy knobs. I just want to be on the water having fun.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

granddaddy55 wrote:
onewake09 wrote:

The BFI Axis specific bags with the 'steps' are $269 each, nose bag and fittings. That is the price for the kits with the stepped bags. If you want to just use plain BFI fat sac versions you can get away cheaper but those are not the best fitting bags for the newer Axis boats.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

WakeMaine207 wrote:
So from reading through various threads, it sounds like people trade their boats in often and I was curious if there was a specific reason for trading in boats more frequently?

Obviously if you are able to use the boat year round or you put on lots of hours during the season, that would make sense, but I'll be primarily using the boat on weekends and holidays through late April to late September. I'm estimating i'll be putting around 50 hours a year on the Axis.

I'm trading in a 2006 Sea Ray with 350 hours and the boat didn't have any real issues over the past 11 years. The boat was moderately used throughout the first 7 years and then from 2013-2017 I was averaging around 30 hours a year.

Are wakeboard/wakesurf boats more susceptible to experiencing issues after a few years that would make it so I wouldn't want to keep the boat for more than 10 years?

I will only be using the boat in fresh water (small lake) and want to extend the life of the boat as far as possible.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I see my promo boats all over the lake each season. Some of my friends have my promo boats still to this day. So it really just depends on the person. I do think there are a few guys that just like the newest boats on the water and if they buy enough from the same local dealer then they might be getting them at a price that helps them to stay in a new boat each season. There are plenty of 10 year old boats on the water that run perfect and don't have problems so I would not be scared holding a boat. If you take care of your new Axis you can get years out of your boat don't worry about all the guys on the messageboards and social selling brand new boats because their 2019 is on order.. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 pm 

Thanks again for all your input.

I was quoted between $900-$1000 per year for insurance on my new 2017 Axis A22 through Liberty Mutual.

I figured this was fair, but wanted to check with you all on here to see if this is close to what some of you may be paying.

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:58 pm 
Team Axis

WakeMaine207 wrote:
Thanks again for all your input.

I was quoted between $900-$1000 per year for insurance on my new 2017 Axis A22 through Liberty Mutual.

I figured this was fair, but wanted to check with you all on here to see if this is close to what some of you may be paying.

Thank you
What's the dollar amount u are insuring? I'm paying around $600 A year now on my 18 T22

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT