It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Additional bags. What's your best bag for your buck?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:51 pm 

My 16 A22 came with plug and play ready for additional ballasts. What bags is your personal favorite? Is there a better bag than others or is a bag a bag?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Additional bags. What's your best bag for your buck?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:04 pm 
Team Axis

TRUST808 wrote:
My 16 A22 came with plug and play ready for additional ballasts. What bags is your personal favorite? Is there a better bag than others or is a bag a bag?

I personally like the flyhigh or wakemakers Axis specific bags. The rears are stepped for a perfect fit. Wakemakers uses true 1" ID fittings and Flyhigh uses 3/4 ID fittings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:10 pm 
Team Axis

Look for sharp edges before installing. My bags got a small hole from rubbing against a seat support and I repaired it using a patch. I glued a piece of swim noodle over the sharp edges for next year

Boat Name: Who's Next

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:33 am 
Team Axis

TRUST808 wrote:

Sumos are non fitting but cheap key is below
Whatever you choose always use/keep/install long hoses on your plug n play that don’t bind the connections to the ports

With the sumo850’s I run the drain far forward towards bow under the bag and loop back along engine divider then along back wall half way along that wall with a 90 quick connect into the port(was a straight quick and a 2 inch hose now 5-5.5 feet!), same for my vent hose -loopslightly towards stern and loop back to bow and then loop again to stern straight and lined up to port( I use a 12-14” 2x4 laying against box where hose comes from to line up that hose straight when it final loops toward port of bag( was 12 -13 inches with a 90 quick, now 3.75-4.5 feet with a straight quick connect instead of 90 cause hoes goes straight in

Front set up I relocated my vent to come ftom drivers foot well into side of locker as well as the fill same way but my locker up their is different than your 16
We also changed the hang direction of rear valves to vertical

Point is long loops, the longer the loop on vent the more back pressure and less siphoning
Just don’t cut short hoses to ports, changes the full fill of bag negatively and eventually causes leak at port or connections popping off from force of full bag being filled as it is crimped from the short hose

This will be your most important decision along with engine dividers supports if you go with non fitting sacs like my sumo 850 50x20x20 that do not really fit in my A20 but fill quite full even with the dimensions of compartments due to the binds from rear elevated floor box snd how it goes under the seat back of left rear cushion