It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Picking up a 16 A22 Thursday, few questions.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:59 pm 

Thursday I'm driving 10 hours to look at and buy my first Axis.
2016 A22 350 Monsoon
73 hours
zero off cruise
surf gate
bimini top
wet sounds package 2
engine tray
cooler
pop up cleats
wedge
docking lights
Interior lights
white under platform lights
surrogate equipped
SEADEK flooring

Im looking for advice to see if I am missing something I should be doing. Winter is here, the boat is winterized and a water test is out of the question. Seller is bringing the boat to the dealer Monday for an inspection that Axis and PCM requires in order for the the warranty.
Then guessing everything passes inspection. We are transferring the warranty into my name at the dealer on Thursday.
My first thought is if this thing passes inspection at the dealer to transfer the warranty I shouldn't have any worries that I'm buying a boat with problems.

Has anyone else bought a used boat, had the warranty transferred and have any advice?
Also, has anyone bought a used boat without a water test and also have any advice ?

Thanks in advance. I am so excited for summer to come!!

Post subject: Re: Picking up a 16 A22 Thursday, few questions.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 am 
Team Axis

Dude, you're paying how many thousands of dollars for this boat?

Cough up the $300 for a winterization if you are unable to use a wrench and do it yourself and water test the boat to make sure you like. You do NOT want to be having problems that even under warranty require constant dealership trips at the beginning of boating season.

Test the boat, make sure you like it, fix any issues over the winter, sleep peacefully till spring knowing you'll have no issues when you crank it next season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:23 am 
Team Axis

80AMT23 wrote:

Cough up the $300 for a winterization if you are unable to use a wrench and do it yourself and water test the boat to make sure you like. You do NOT want to be having problems that even under warranty require constant dealership trips at the beginning of boating season.

Test the boat, make sure you like it, fix any issues over the winter, sleep peacefully till spring knowing you'll have no issues when you crank it next season.
We have ice on the lakes here in MN not sure where the OP is but a water test is not possible in a lot of places this time of year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:22 pm 
Team Axis

I would never buy a boat without a on the water test. If you encounter any problems next spring when you do put it on the water
what then.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:43 pm 

80AMT23 wrote:

A water test is not possible lakes are froze. Talking with the dealer the inspection on the boat and engine are guarantee that the boat is in perfect working order and if anything is broken the warranty will cover it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:25 pm 
Team Axis

I would be comfortable with a thorough inspection and warranty transfer. I would just take a trip on the lake a month prior to boating season, that way if you discover an issue you can address it prior to your season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:50 pm 

Brian5366 wrote:
I would be comfortable with a thorough inspection and warranty transfer. I would just take a trip on the lake a month prior to boating season, that way if you discover an issue you can address it prior to your season.
100% agree. I'll be out there right away after the ice is off the lake to test everything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:50 am 
Site Admin

If the same dealer will do the warranty work then I would feel better about it. Get all that in writing after the dealer does the inspection. I assume they must have some inspection pass off sheet that you will get a copy of.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:50 pm 

admin wrote:
If the same dealer will do the warranty work then I would feel better about it. Get all that in writing after the dealer does the inspection. I assume they must have some inspection pass off sheet that you will get a copy of.
I wish that was the case but I live 11 hours away from the sellers dealer. I talked to my local dealer and they said as long as the warranty is transferred at any dealer it should be good to go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Ask for a maintenance log if the dealer can give you that. You can see what history the boat has had with his dealer. Your local dealer will be doing the work so if they are ok with it then you should be Ok. They will be the ones filing all the warranty paperwork and doing the work.