It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Powered wedge?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 am 
Team Axis

Any gelcoat shop on the planet can patch some small holes and nobody would ever know. So if you drill through and it doesn't work out, probably just looking at a couple hundred bucks to get them filled in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:31 am 
Site Admin

Is the power wedge worth that much trouble?

I do use very little wedge when I use it so I can see where having a power wedge is a little better than a floating but not sure if it would be worth the cost/time/re-sell. Will that make or break a potential sell? Not sure but if it causes any type of hull warranty issue it would not be worth it. I don't see how it could but I'd be sure to check into that before I did a wedge swap.

I also tend to be more hands off than most of you. I've been impressed with what some have done over the past years to make the perfect wake machine. So seeing some of these waves I just don't know if a power wedge is worth all the work. If nobody could create wakes that would be a different story. (remember the platform cutting years)

If you are looking to upgrade down the road I would drop the hint to your dealer and tell them to keep you in mind for an an A22 with a power wedge. Maybe they will call you come closeout time in 2018 with a deal that will work for you now rather than later.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:16 pm 
Team Axis

I agree guys. I like to fab and machine stuff and its seems like a fairly simple project. Im also thinking t22 in a couple years anyway. I kinda wished my dealer would have made me aware of the 18' changes prior to me buying this one. First tow boat, lesson learned.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:28 pm 
Team Axis

onewake09 wrote:
I agree guys. I like to fab and machine stuff and its seems like a fairly simple project. Im also thinking t22 in a couple years anyway. I kinda wished my dealer would have made me aware of the 18' changes prior to me buying this one. First tow boat, lesson learned.
The power wedge comes as 1 unit and it bolts up right in place of the floating wedge, you would only have to drill 1 hole to send sending unit and actuator wires.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:19 pm 
Team Axis

steveA20 wrote:
onewake09 wrote:
The power wedge comes as 1 unit and it bolts up right in place of the floating wedge, you would only have to drill 1 hole to send sending unit and actuator wires.

The problem is getting Malibu to sell you one... last time I asked I was told they will not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:40 am 
Team Axis

r33pwrd wrote:
steveA20 wrote:
onewake09 wrote:

The problem is getting Malibu to sell you one... last time I asked I was told they will not.

Any dealer should be creative enough to get one ordered.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:21 am 
Team Axis

Go to Bakesonline.com and search Power Wedge Actuator 5 Lobe Malibu Boats. The price is $275 but may help you for your project

Boat Name: Who's Next

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:36 pm 
Team Axis

JimFuller wrote:
Go to Bakesonline.com and search Power Wedge Actuator 5 Lobe Malibu Boats. The price is $275 but may help you for your project
I know the owner of bakes.. I'll have to give him a call.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:43 am 
Team Axis

It's more expensive, but I highly recommend the hydraulic actuator if you are going to do this project. It is a TON more reliable than those lenco actuators.