It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Transom lighting questions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:34 am 
Boater

I have a 2017 A22 and would like to add some transom lights. The good news is that the factory wiring harness is already setup for this. Just install the lights and plug them in. I am wondering if I should go with factory lights or aftermarket?

If I go aftermarket, should I be concerned about the amp draw in the lights pulling too much for the factory wiring and fuses? Thanks.

Courtney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Transom lighting questions
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:28 pm 
Boater

I just picked mine up from my dealer to install. Cost was about half of aftermarket prices for the axis ones together. Install looks pretty easy as well. I'll be putting mine in this week

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:49 am 
Boater

Cool. Keep us posted how it goes. Snap snap some photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:56 pm 
Boater

Will throw some photos up this week. Went super well last year. Easy to do as well. It is nerve wracking drilling through the hull. Use the 3m marine grade sealant when placing light and wipe off excess. Pre drill the screw holes to prevent stressing the glass and gel. No spider cracks or any issues since install. Zero water through the front dock lights or underwater transom lights added and they work like a charm. Have found we don’t use them all that often unless out on water In Havasu at night. Local area lakes all close up 30 after sunset. But they are cool when you do use them! Especially lighting up the floor of the lakes

Biggest thing I learned is drill you center wire hole first. This allows you to mark the securement screw holes,with the template most accurately. The front dock lights were easiest as nothing behind the location. The rear underwater lights I had someone be sure I didn’t hit anything inside while drilling its mostly clear but there’s definitely stuff to watch.

Local service shop uses the Atwood lights. Better replacement warranty and apparently axis’s ones get replaced often.