It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Oil Change Kit
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:07 am 
Team Axis

Pretty sure that I've seen reference to there be a potential for problems if you stick anything in your dipstick tube. I believe others have had tubes stuck. As you saw, you get everything out via the drain tube.

Edit - I searched dipstick on malibucrew. Seems to be something that was pretty common. See this for example http://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/54229-oil-extractor-tube-stuck-in-dipstick-tube/#comment-815966
I would not put anything other than the dipstick in that tube from now on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:53 am 
Team Axis

wtstapel wrote:
Pretty sure that I've seen reference to there be a potential for problems if you stick anything in your dipstick tube. I believe others have had tubes stuck. As you saw, you get everything out via the drain tube.

Edit - I searched dipstick on malibucrew. Seems to be something that was pretty common. See this for example http://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/54229-oil-extractor-tube-stuck-in-dipstick-tube/#comment-815966
I would not put anything other than the dipstick in that tube from now on.

+1, bad idea. The adapter for the drain tube is stupid easy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:30 pm 
Team Axis

I did not encounter any resistance or binding when inserting the tube into the dipstick hole (or removing it). But I am not planning on doing that again given that using the drain hose got everything. I only did it because I saw on a youtube video (for some other axis boat) the guy suggesting it (and he got more stuff even after using the drain tube???). I read the linked thread just now -- no way it's ever happening again :)

So when you get the adapter for the end of the drain hose, do you then fish it out of the drain hole in the back of the boat? Using the pump I bought, that actually complicates things because I'd have to have another 12V battery out there to hook up. Any problems just inserting the suction tube from the pump as I did originally?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:30 pm 
Team Axis

No you don’t have to fish it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk