It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: One Stereo Amp Not Getting Power
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:55 am 
Team Axis

I've got a 2015 T23 with SP2. I think it has two amps, one for the tower speakers and one for the in-boat speakers. One our first day out for the year, the in-boat speakers aren't working. The blue light is out on the amp. I checked the breakers and fuses and looked at the wire from the battery to the main switch to the amp and it all looks fine. Any ideas of something I can do to get it working without hauling it down to the dealer? It was working fine before it was winterized by the shop and all I've done this year is charge the batteries.

Post subject: Re: One Stereo Amp Not Getting Power
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:37 am 
Team Axis

Is the sub working?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:13 pm 
Team Axis

Do you know how to use a volt meter? If so check continuity from battery power and ground to that amp, if that's good check that your small turn on wire gets constant voltage with key on. If all of that checks out its a dead amp

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:14 pm 
Team Axis

The sub isn't working either, but that's usually on that same amp I believe.

I have a volt meter, but not sure where to put it to test the continuity. Do I need to take off the outside of the amp to do it?

What is the small turn on wire? Is that coming out of the back of the stereo unit?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:22 pm 
Team Axis

Turn stereo on and check for 12 volts at the big red wire and the small wire next to it that should be blue.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:01 pm 
Team Axis

Okay, I spent way too much time on this today. But it turns out once you take the amp covers off the bottom, there are two fuses in each amp. Both were blown in this amp. Yay! Easy fix, right? So I swapped those out and I have power to the amp. Unfortunately, it then goes into protect mode. Messing with the RCA cables and I blew a couple more fuses. Eventually, I got the blue light on and could get sound out of every single speaker including the sub before I blew both of the fuses again. Eventually, I ran out of fuses, but I think the issue is either on channel 1 or 2 (left side and right side of the 6 in-boat speakers. I assume I have a short somewhere, but I'm not sure where to go looking next. I still have 1 week left on my 2 year parts warranty, but the labor warranty ran out last year.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:49 am 
Team Axis

SomeYeahoo wrote:
Okay, I spent way too much time on this today. But it turns out once you take the amp covers off the bottom, there are two fuses in each amp. Both were blown in this amp. Yay! Easy fix, right? So I swapped those out and I have power to the amp. Unfortunately, it then goes into protect mode. Messing with the RCA cables and I blew a couple more fuses. Eventually, I got the blue light on and could get sound out of every single speaker including the sub before I blew both of the fuses again. Eventually, I ran out of fuses, but I think the issue is either on channel 1 or 2 (left side and right side of the 6 in-boat speakers. I assume I have a short somewhere, but I'm not sure where to go looking next. I still have 1 week left on my 2 year parts warranty, but the labor warranty ran out last year.

Any suggestions?

Pull it out and take it back...

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:38 am 
Team Axis

Make sure the neutral wore or ground is in amp, if it's touching bare metal it will pop fuses. Also try getting a larger fuse.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:03 am 
Team Axis

SomeYeahoo wrote:

Any suggestions?

If it's the HT6 amp they had some issues, mine just starting craping out on channels 1 and 2, I just replaced it with the new HTX6 amp and everything is working perfectly again, don't run a bigger fuse, you'll just do more damage. Try unplugging channel 1 and 2 and see what happens.

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:20 am 
Team Axis

Start pulling the speaker wires off of the amp one set at a time and power it up and play it.

I suspect you might have a blown sub but it could be any of them.