It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2017 Axis Fluids
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:42 pm 
Boater

Can anyone tell me where I'm missing the second transmission / V drive fluid check at?

I can find the main engine oil just fine and the port for the transmission fluid fine (yellow dipstick behind the yellow label in the pic), but unlike all the other threads on fluid changes I dont see two dipsticks for the transmission/v-drive. I'm assuming I'm missing the v-drive dip stick or is it all one fill port now? Ive checked port and starboard engine access compartments and aint seeing a second dipstick anywhere. Dealer is fine with myself doing own service and maintaining warranty integrity so long as its documented. Going to take it to them for the 1st service shaft alignment check but plan on doing everything else myself. They didn't seem to keen on paying for the full service and watching the mechanics to learn from them. I also dont want to leave my boat for 2 weeks for a fluid change.

My manual calls for dexon III for Challenger transmissions(red) and Mobiltrans SHC 50 for Challenger V drive Transmissions (amber fluid). The dip stick I'm seeing looks like standard red atf. Of course there is no diagram of the motor or transmission in the manuals.

2017 T23 PCM Monsoon 409 / Pleasure craft power plus 1.73 gear ratio label on the transmission.

Thank in advance!

Attachments:
image2-1.JPG
image2-1.JPG [ 32.08 KiB | Viewed 26744 times ]
image1-1.JPG
image1-1.JPG [ 36.12 KiB | Viewed 26744 times ]

Post subject: Re: 2017 Axis Fluids
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:44 am 
Team Axis

This should help

http://www.crusaderengines.com/challeng ... is/#owners

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:14 am 
Boater

Thanks^

Don't know how I missed it in the 2017 manual but its clear in the 16 manual. Check at 25 hours and annually there after for the 17's. Only change if contamination is present per manual.

Attachments:
image1.JPG
image1.JPG [ 106.28 KiB | Viewed 26650 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:24 am 
Boater

And fluid totals for those that this helps. the yellow dipstick is the regular transmission and the bolts that are there are in the pic above are for the vdrive.

Attachments:
image1.JPG
image1.JPG [ 130.25 KiB | Viewed 26648 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:21 am 
Team Axis

I'm looking for some clarification on checking the transmission fluid level (yellow dipstick referenced above). I have a 2015 A22. I changed the fluid but the manual is a bit confusing on hot to check level. It says to make sure the fluid is to the "fill" mark. The dip stick is set up as follows. on the bottom it says low then there is a hash mark then blank space then another hash mark then it says full. Does the fluid need to be between the hash marks? On the upper hash mark? or at the printed "full" word? Below is an example of how the dipstick is set up. My fluid is at the "U" in the word full. I did not screw in the dipstick. I'm trying to determine if I overfilled it or not.

<LOW| |FULL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 pm 
Boater

Prion wrote:
I'm looking for some clarification on checking the transmission fluid level (yellow dipstick referenced above). I have a 2015 A22. I changed the fluid but the manual is a bit confusing on hot to check level. It says to make sure the fluid is to the "fill" mark. The dip stick is set up as follows. on the bottom it says low then there is a hash mark then blank space then another hash mark then it says full. Does the fluid need to be between the hash marks? On the upper hash mark? or at the printed "full" word? Below is an example of how the dipstick is set up. My fluid is at the "U" in the word full. I did not screw in the dipstick. I'm trying to determine if I overfilled it or not.

<LOW| |FULL

Just saw this post, I assume you figured it out but it says to check it on the water with normal load in boat once warm and engine off. Pictures not showing. I make sure mines to the top mark of the portion of the dipstick for measuring, will take a photo soon as I got to do the 100 service this week sometime.