It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Which axis to get
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:21 am 

This will be my first boat purchase. I've only been in 1 true wakeboard/surf boat and it was a tige z3. We want to get one for our family and I really like the axis model and they are more affordable that the other big brands. My wife likes the T series over the A series we have 2 young kids, the most we would have on the boat would be about 8 people. Would y'all recommend the t22 or the bigger t23. And can you get good deals on new 1 year old boats. We will be buying around February-march next year.

Post subject: Re: Which axis to get
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:52 am 

I bought a used 2015 axis T23 in December, after being in a boat club for 3 years and trying out axis, moomba & mastercraft nxt22 boats. It was by far the best decision I have made in a long time. It is spacious, comfortable, makes an awesome surf wave and has already provided tons of fun for us as a family. If you are willing to do your research, pay for an independent inspection - buying used makes a lot of sense for a first boat.

I was looking for used because of price, because I have young kids and the thought of crumbs and spilled drinks inside a brand new shiny boat made me want to lose my mind, and because I figured a boat with some hours on it would already have the kinks worked out and any big problems would have already happened to it. I have not been disappointed!

I prefer the traditional bow look to the picklefork, and the T23 is so roomy it will be much nicer with a crew of 8 compared to the T22.

Good luck!

Katie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:35 am 

Thanks for the reply I will keep my eyes out on used. There isn't a whole lot of used axis boats for sale in Tx. When buying used does the warranty transfer to the next buyer? We definatly want one with surfgate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:44 am 
Team Axis

Matt22 wrote:
Thanks for the reply I will keep my eyes out on used. There isn't a whole lot of used axis boats for sale in Tx. When buying used does the warranty transfer to the next buyer? We definatly want one with surfgate
Yes it does. It you need to pay to do it.. personally I would go with the t23.. you can never have a boatbto big unless you are limited by your garage. Plus the surf wave of the t23 and a24 are amazing!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:55 am 
Team Axis

T23 all the way. Love mine it for sale now so I can order a new LSV for year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:17 am 

Ok on the t23 is the wake/wave great with just stock and plug and play ballast. I really don't want to have sacks in the floor I've read that some people use lead bags I wouldn't mind that but I will be trailering the boat 2-5 hrs depending on what lake we go to.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:26 am 
Team Axis

warranty is only transferable for 2016 and up.

The T22 is new for '18. So it could be worth waiting for from a buy and keep perspective, but there probably won't be many deals on the new hull compared to finding a leftover boat on a dealer lot. If you can buy in November/December, that's usually the best time because rebates and incentives are strongest. You don't actually pay till you take delivery.

Big boat/small boat has tradeoffs. Not surprisingly the big boat will make a bigger wave. It will also burn more gas and be a more difficult tow. Small boat will be more efficient and not as hard to tow. The T23 is also nearing the end of its current run, so you'll take an instant depreciation hit in 19 or maybe 20 when the new hull comes out.

If you are really going to have 8 people on the regular the T23 is a no brainer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:29 am 
Site Admin

I know a boat club in the Austin area uses Axis boats. Check with Texas Malibu and see if they have any Demo axis boats.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:05 pm 

Thank y'all for the input I am leaning now more to the t23 for the extra space. I have a f150 so I shouldn't have any problem towing the bigger boat. When it comes closer to time I will contact texas malibu and set up a demo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:22 pm 

As shawndoggy said, start talking to your dealer in Sept/Oct/Nov as they have incentives to fill Malibu's production schedule during Dec/Jan/Feb. We started searching for a clean used boat with little luck. Ended up ordering a '16 T22 in Oct of 2015, boat delivered to dealer in Dec, we took delivery in April. We ordered it spec'd as we wanted it, fresh warranty and got the best price due to the off-season pricing. Perhaps the off-season pricing is dealer or region specific, but it can't hurt to inquire.