It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Plug and play upgrade for older (2011) A20
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:51 pm 

I'm looking at upgrading the old pnp bags I have in the rear lockers.

I currently have tsunami 800 pumps feeding the tanks with 3/4 inch line. I bought the boat second hand with a 1100 Fly High on the left and a 400 Fly High on the right. I now have tabs that fit over the swim platform and allow me to surf with the boat level. I find the 400 on the right is not enough but the 1100 on the left is too large for the compartment leading to unused capacity and a really hard time gravity draining to the hard tank.

I have done some reading on the forum here and it seems the 750 sacks was the standard but apparently the Straight Line 600 was another bag being used. Regarding the SL 600 bags, I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere.

So I guess I have two questions:

1/ FH 750 or SL 600 (assuming I can find the SL)?

2/ Gravity drain sucks. I have heard that guys have installed a pump at the front drain on the bag by splicing into power run to the rear hard tank pump. Has this caused problems with current draw tripping breakers or has it been fine? Does it work at draining the bag faster?

Thanks for your input.

Post subject: Re: Plug and play upgrade for older (2011) A20
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:23 am 
Team Axis

Remove the hard tanks and run 1100s only is what I did

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:25 am 
Team Axis

There is a thread on here where a few of us did it. With my 1100s full I still have some room but it's also an a24 you would probably be good with some 750s

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:21 am 
Team Axis

I like the 750s in my 2012 A20. With that much weight in the rear the best thing for the wake was to add an on-bow sack in addition to the center tank and front bag. More weight in the rear just seems unnecessary to me. For reference, I don't really surf, just wakeboard.

The gravity drain does suck. I have the line connecting my bag and tank as short as possible. I've also tied the vent for the bag into the vent for the tank via a wye. I am also looking at replacing the rear drain pumps with dual inlet pumps made by shurflo. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Shurflo-Piranha-Livewell-Pump-12VDC/33276573. This would pump water from the tank and bag simultaneously. Not sure if it will drastically improve time, but at least it would be one push of the button and then done, instead of the constant on/off that we currently do waiting for the bag to drain.
For this set up, it would go fill via the top of the bag and then drain through the drain pump into the tank. No need to turn the drain pump on. The tank fitting currently connected to the bag would have to be capped.