PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:01 pm 
Team Axis

That looks very nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: My mistake, now I've got a ladder etc. Project
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:19 pm 
Team Axis

Dustin,

I would like to add a ladder to my swim platform. Is the Garelick model the ladder you used?

Any advice on how you attached it to the platform? I assume you counterbore the bolt/screw heads?

Thanks for any advice. BTW, I have a 2015 T23. I am replacing the swim pad this offseason regardless.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:49 am 
Team Axis

Yes i used a garelick https://www.wholesalemarine.com/garelic ... hIEALw_wcB

I used ss phillips flat headed bolts and countersunk them, they have a wider shoulder than my countersink bit or any that i could find for that matter was so i played around with it on some wood to figure out the depth of my bit then had to use a dremel to kind of make a step to fit the screw perfectly down flush.
Then do a mock up as you will need some fender washers on the bottom side as the platforms are far from flat or uniform and once you are happy with it epoxy the screws in, the ones closest to the edge i had to grind a bit on one edge as it was on a contour and once setup i bolted the platform down then epoxy over the screws and sanded smooth. You cant see or feel any of mine and it does not interfere with the wedge or wave at all. I have had a 250lb guy on it as well no issues but i cant lie I was cringing the first time he went up it. and the platform is a honeycomb material in the center so once your through the first layer don't get scared when the drill goes through an inch like its hollow because it basically is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:53 am 
Team Axis

Are you worried that when you countersink the screw heads that may be a weaker support or lead to cracks in the fiberglass?
The ss phillips flat head screw with the angle creating a "shear" stress. The other option of using a bolt and washer to spread the stress would be stronger but then it would stick up under the swimpad. Or am I missing something?

Just checking as I don't work with fiberglass and just a little anxious about creating a problem.

thanks for any input.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:55 pm 
Team Axis

Only other option would be to fiberglass some wood to the bottom to lag it too but it would be as strong imo and then be too low probably

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:07 pm 

I just repaired my swim platform due to some previous owner's damage. I gave myself more work when i left the platform sit down on the work bench too rough and punched out a different corner. I found it was a nice voided pocket that was bound to break easily anyways.

For my question... Do you know what Axis uses on the bottom of the swim platform for a final layer? The dull black stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:04 pm 
Team Axis

Lumbergh wrote:
I just repaired my swim platform due to some previous owner's damage. I gave myself more work when i left the platform sit down on the work bench too rough and punched out a different corner. I found it was a nice voided pocket that was bound to break easily anyways.

For my question... Do you know what Axis uses on the bottom of the swim platform for a final layer? The dull black stuff.
The black is either a coating or a dye they put in their resin I'm not sure exactly, I just left mine exposed but I'm going to coat it with something before spring time

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk