It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Question about boards for you surfers.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:06 am 
Team Axis

Since we just purchased a new T23 my family and friends are looking to try out surfing. We spend most of the day on a wakeboard but I wouldn't mind a break from the slams. I'm looking for a board that fits a multitude of people(I know not reality). I want it to fit me primarily but if others can ride it easily that's a plus. I'm 6'0 225 so can't be using a baby board but also want something the 140lb friends could ride to try out etc. Being new to the sport I would rather buy a entry priced board to learn on and hopefully progress a bit on. I was looking at the inland surfer Tako & Ika, any thoughts here or recomendations for my size and needs?

Post subject: Re: Question about boards for you surfers.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:57 pm 
Team Axis

Liquid Force Happy Pill 4'10"

With the T23 wake it will be plenty for you but not so huge for your smaller riders. It's a good stable board with multiple fin options that's "fun"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:58 pm 

I also am a big rider 6' 235. I started with a inland surfer and this year I outfitted us with a phase five diamond pro carbon, phase five prop and a phase five scamp. In my opinion phase five makes the best birds on the water. My first board was surf style and after 1/2 dozen rides I was board with the surf style limits. A skin style board allows for more ridding options. They have a sale option on the online sale page get blem boards for hundreds off and Facebook is best way to get questions answered FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 pm 
Team Axis

80AMT23 wrote:
Liquid Force Happy Pill 4'10"

With the T23 wake it will be plenty for you but not so huge for your smaller riders. It's a good stable board with multiple fin options that's "fun"

Dead on, take out back two fins and ride large fins in forward slot. Board is amazing, wife and I ride the 4 8" st 130-135 snd 180-195 respectively, be prepared to break out the epoxy frequently after drying the water that gets in the damage 1st, very not fragile but surface fragile. Mine is visibly split in the internal foam down the middle but not fracked outside there, love that Board , it will put a smile on your face every time you ride it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:21 am 
Team Axis

granddaddy55 wrote:
after drying the water that gets in the damage 1st, very not fragile but surface fragile.

Wait, what?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:41 am 
Site Admin

Inland has been blowing out some stuff the past month or so.

My suggestion.. If you see anything you might want BUY IT...

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:14 am 
Team Axis

80AMT23 wrote:
granddaddy55 wrote:
after drying the water that gets in the damage 1st, very not fragile but surface fragile.

Wait, what?

Yes it gets in by cracks in fin beds and any other place that is damaged and you continue to surf the day it is damaged , I have so much damage that I have to "boil" the water out in the sun, but everybody loves to ride it

The epoxy coating is thin and fragile to reduce the boards weight, but the internal structure is strong as evidence of the separation of the two halves in what appears to be a crack in the foam down the middle (that does not come through epoxy) but had that for two years. as well as I slipped and fell on it in the boat and it broke horizontal in the foam on the front of board and neither fracture ruined the board and it still surfs till this day, most of the external epoxy damage came from contacts with the swim platforms of my and friends G23 from me and many others riding it

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:49 am 

Don't you find it is a pain that the happy pill does not fit in the board racks? what do you do with this issue.... have you found a way around it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:16 am 
Team Axis

lacricotte wrote:
Don't you find it is a pain that the happy pill does not fit in the board racks? what do you do with this issue.... have you found a way around it?

I put all my surfers up top in the bimini but I was told that the Skylon replacement tines do fit a Happy Pill board.