It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finally Got My Boat Back with a new factory hull
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:59 am 
Team Axis

LakeKeowee wrote:
A22owner wrote:
One thing I will mention that might help people out in the future with any dealer/manufacturer interactions.

Not saying this is what happened in the case with a couple here.

Attitude means everything. If you go into the situation acting like an a$$ people are put off and you tend to not get the greatest amount of attention or empathy. While it should not happen it is human nature and most people cannot work past that.

Also, posting your bitches/gripes on a forum, bashing the manufacturer, etc does not help with a final resolution. They watch these forums, I guarantee it.

Couldn't agree more, in this case the 3 phone calls i made in 9 month's doesn't seem excessive nor did I bitch , moan or complain to anyone at the factory. I asked only two questions through this entire process 1. Why did the hull fail 2. When can I expect my boat back. The answer to 1. was never given. 2. I have the boat back.

And forums are the BEST place to post any experience you have with a product or service, good or bad. If any company is paying attention ( as they should) and does not as you say "help with a final resolution" well that's just bad business and not in tune with the way things work in the real world today. Just my .02

I think you missed the point I was making.

You jump on the net, guns blazing and slam the manufacturer. They see it.

They are more inclined to give you only what they are required to do by law. Anything above that is considered goodwill and goodwill dollars are "spent" based on the situation and how the customer has been. They have a value to the company.

You can make your point or describe your situation in a much better way that does not come across as a bash or bitch fest. The wording and the communication is the key.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:52 am 
Team Axis

A22owner wrote:
LakeKeowee wrote:
A22owner wrote:
One thing I will mention that might help people out in the future with any dealer/manufacturer interactions.

Not saying this is what happened in the case with a couple here.

Attitude means everything. If you go into the situation acting like an a$$ people are put off and you tend to not get the greatest amount of attention or empathy. While it should not happen it is human nature and most people cannot work past that.

Also, posting your bitches/gripes on a forum, bashing the manufacturer, etc does not help with a final resolution. They watch these forums, I guarantee it.

Couldn't agree more, in this case the 3 phone calls i made in 9 month's doesn't seem excessive nor did I bitch , moan or complain to anyone at the factory. I asked only two questions through this entire process 1. Why did the hull fail 2. When can I expect my boat back. The answer to 1. was never given. 2. I have the boat back.

And forums are the BEST place to post any experience you have with a product or service, good or bad. If any company is paying attention ( as they should) and does not as you say "help with a final resolution" well that's just bad business and not in tune with the way things work in the real world today. Just my .02

I think you missed the point I was making.

You jump on the net, guns blazing and slam the manufacturer. They see it.

They are more inclined to give you only what they are required to do by law. Anything above that is considered goodwill and goodwill dollars are "spent" based on the situation and how the customer has been. They have a value to the company.

You can make your point or describe your situation in a much better way that does not come across as a bash or bitch fest. The wording and the communication is the key.

Wow , a bitch fest eh ? All I was looking for is to have my boat repaired under the factory warranty , nothing more nothing less. I guess I'll have to read into what you think is bashing.

But heres a quick fact for you . IT's June 9th , I live on the lake, have kids and still don't have my BOAT ! call that whining, bitchin, or whatever feels right. If I didn't word this or communicate to your liking oh well.

Ski: Yamaha Waverunner & Kawasaki SC ( Sea Couch )
Utility Vehicle : Yamaha Viking
Bike : Harley Davidson FLTSN & Dyna FXD
Dual Sport : Yamaha WR 250R

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:24 am 
Team Axis

LakeKeowee wrote:
Wow , a bitch fest eh ? All I was looking for is to have my boat repaired under the factory warranty , nothing more nothing less. I guess I'll have to read into what you think is bashing.

But heres a quick fact for you . IT's June 9th , I live on the lake, have kids and still don't have my BOAT ! call that whining, bitchin, or whatever feels right. If I didn't word this or communicate to your liking oh well.

Why so defensive? I didn't say that it was you. It was general info for all, just like I stated in the earlier posts.

I imagine you are a freaking joy to deal with.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:28 pm 
Team Axis

sorry I don't see his post as bashing or anything like that at all. Sounds like all facts to me?? But I think anyone no matter how chill they are would be upset if their boat was MIA for 9 months. I assure you I would have called daily after 2 months or sooner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:06 pm 
Team Axis

I seriously doubt his boat was at the factory for 9 months.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:33 pm 
Team Axis

Mine was there for 6.5 weeks for the hull repair. Shipped from western Arkansas to the factory on 4/14 and I picked it up from there on 5/30. It was ready a few days before I could get out there so just under 6 weeks from shipped to finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:38 pm 
Team Axis

A22owner wrote:

Your correct it was at the dealer part of the time. And your also correct I'm a pleasure to deal with, I have plenty of written accolades from many of my very high end clients.

And if anyones being sensitive or defensive it appears to be you and you don't even have a dog in this fight.

It's easy to look back at my post and see when I first found the cracked stringer I beleive it was July of last year, so yeah most people would be flipping out by now with out use of their boat.

I suggest you and anyone else who thinks I'm being a whiney bitch read the entire post and use it for anything you like, humor mostly at this point.

Didn't I read in an earlier post someone thought you were being prick with your boating 101 comment and you were wrong with your assumptions then, and wrong with most of your other comments as well.

Not sure what your motivation is, but it's pretty damn amusing. So far you've been wrong about everything, your welcome to keep commenting that's what the forums are for.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:51 pm 
Team Axis

A22owner wrote:

I said MIA not at the factory.. I'm sure if you where in his shoes you would be very upset like any normal person would be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:18 am 
Team Axis

r33pwrd wrote:
A22owner wrote:

I said MIA not at the factory.. I'm sure if you where in his shoes you would be very upset like any normal person would be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep, thanks r33pwrd I'm sure you would agree it's now the middle of June and I still don't have a boat to use. The rear bilge is filling with water as well as the front and I noticed it looks like there might be additional cracks in hull near the motor.

Id be willing to forget all the other problems with the boat the factory has ignored if we could just have one that floats.

I sent these pics to the factory rep, along with pictures of the flooded hull, however they have not responded, so yeah I'm a little upset having a boat that can't be used. Tired of hearing my kids ask when are we going for a boat ride as we sit on our dock watching the many boats wake boarding.

As someone mentioned earlier I shouldn't whine or b*tch on the forums because he knows the factory reads the post.....that's good news hopefully they will read it hear and respond to my emails.

Have a great day,

Attachments:
Cracked Stringer Small.jpg
Cracked Stringer Small.jpg [ 54.4 KiB | Viewed 21929 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:45 am 
Team Axis

LakeKeowee wrote:

Yep, thanks r33pwrd I'm sure you would agree it's now the middle of June and I still don't have a boat to use. The rear bilge is filling with water as well as the front and I noticed it looks like there might be additional cracks in hull near the motor.

Id be willing to forget all the other problems with the boat the factory has ignored if we could just have one that floats.

I sent these pics to the factory rep, along with pictures of the flooded hull, however they have not responded, so yeah I'm a little upset having a boat that can't be used. Tired of hearing my kids ask when are we going for a boat ride as we sit on our dock watching the many boats wake boarding.

As someone mentioned earlier I shouldn't whine or b*tch on the forums because he knows the factory reads the post.....that's good news hopefully they will read it hear and respond to my emails.

Have a great day,

That is mold mark. The orange piece that you see is a part of the mold gelcoat and the other lines are from a crack in the mold itself. They are superficial and I'd be willing to bet they are in the gelcoat only.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next