It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Finally Got My Boat Back with a new factory hull
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:48 am 
Team Axis

LakeKeowee wrote:
dustinjean wrote:
Your worried about a winterized issue, lol I'm currently doing this after my boats been back twice. And my list can keep going of my to fix, yours are typical spring to do's. Image

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nope, wasn't really the point, maybe you missed it. Since I wasn't the guy who winterized it in the first place I wasn't sure where all the parts in the bag went, and since it was late Friday on a holiday weekend and my boat just came from the factory I actually thought it would be in condition to use it.

If I was the one who winterized it I'm sure I would have dewinterized it without any comment.

Pretty sure winterizing and dewinterizing instructions are in the engine manual.

Not trying to be a dick guy, but it seems like you are now doing nothing but bashing for the sake of it. You had an issue, they fixed it.

Get out there and use the boat.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:56 am 
Team Axis

There's multiple threads on how to winterize and summerize it, you should have asked instead of bitching about it. Sure it sucks but if that is the only issue it only takes 30 minutes max to install all the plugs and check oil and drive fluids an hour of you spend 30 minutes searching how to on here

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:06 am 
Team Axis

your dealer should have prepped the boat before they gave it to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:31 am 
Team Axis

boardjnky4 wrote:
your dealer should have prepped the boat before they gave it to you.

CORRECT ANSWER ! thanks, maybe these other guys miss the point. Delivering my boat Friday before a holiday weekend from the factory and it not being ready to use is very poor customer service, not fixing all the problems in went in for under warranty is poor customer service.

The comments are made without knowledge of the facts, and saying I'm whining bitching or I should fix it myself, again are based on facts they know nothing about.
I am confident the guys with these comments would be the first to bitch and complain.

FACT : I took the boat to a large dealership to get water ready after it left the factory, several hours later after several trained boat mechanics could not get it back together they called both the factory and engine builder For assistance , hours later they said they got the boat running but had one extra brass plug and they could not find a place for it. ( Now of course the Keyboard Mechanics here said I could have queried this Forum and did it myself, heck it would take these genius's only 30 minutes to get her going. ) Maybe the mechanics at the dealer should have asked the Keyboard Mechanics here how to put my boat together.

FACT: Boat is at dealership now for more warranty work left unfinnished by factory , I am aware the Keyboard Boat Genious's here could do it all in 30 minutes or less, like Domino's Delivery. However I chose to allow the boat mechanics to do the repairs, I realize some of you think I should do it myself and should man up and show off my mad mechanic skills.

FACT: For the boating 101 comments. I am positive I spent more time wrenching, owning and living on boats than 99.9% of the KeyBoard Boat Genious's here, congrats to the .01% here that has done more. I have had boats all my life from 10 Hydo's, to 55' Sea Rays and everything in between . We raced boats when some of you were a mere glint in your daddys eye's, all the way up to the Unlimited Class, that's right for those of you who know who Bernie Little, Chip Hanaur, Jones Racing, Bill Villwock and the rest of Hydro greats and the great ole piston boats of days gone bye . I spent a lot of time wrenching and traveling city to city racing Unlimited Hydro's in the early 90's.
Lived on boats, ate, drank and spanked boats. So yeah your comments are somewhat amusing. Heck I won't even list my Nascar and other motor related adventures here, lets just stick to boats. Speaking of boats and Nascar I was with a Nascar great yesterday on his boat LOL, so I guess that's relevant.

FACT: Many guys who buy new boats don't work on them, guys that buy used boats too. For many reasons I no longer wrench on any of my motorized toys, this includes my airplane, collection of motorcycles, my hot rods, collector cars and my daily drivers. You welcome to wrench on your own , I applaude you. However mine get worked on by the guys who get paid to do it and since nobody's paying me, I don't do it.

Thanks, RANT OVER , enjoy your day and go boating

Ski: Yamaha Waverunner & Kawasaki SC ( Sea Couch )
Utility Vehicle : Yamaha Viking
Bike : Harley Davidson FLTSN & Dyna FXD
Dual Sport : Yamaha WR 250R

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:52 am 
Team Axis

LakeKeowee wrote:
FACT: For the boating 101 comments. I am positive I spent more time wrenching, owning and living on boats than 99.9% of the KeyBoard Boat Genious's here, congrats to the .01% here that has done more.

Thanks for the congrats. I would be willing to bet that I've been rolling glass and wrenching on boats since before you were born.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:12 pm 
Team Axis

Hahaha I'll call in those techs on my next semi inframe, loader engine removal or my next Cummins conversion . I've been a mechanic for 16 years I'm not a key pusher. I said to summerize it 30 minutes max.

And I had plenty of issues with malibu and the dealer first time I got mine back. Got in with a better dealer but farther away, and back to bu again it went and fixed everything they should have the first time.
Their not going out of their way as you bought from boatworks and not them though long story short. They should help but their not obligated too, as my first dealer made me take mine still shrink wrapped with tower down etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:48 pm 
Team Axis

dustinjean wrote:
Hahaha I'll call in those techs on my next semi inframe, loader engine removal or my next Cummins conversion . I've been a mechanic for 16 years I'm not a key pusher. I said to summerize it 30 minutes max.

And I had plenty of issues with malibu and the dealer first time I got mine back. Got in with a better dealer but farther away, and back to bu again it went and fixed everything they should have the first time.
Their not going out of their way as you bought from boatworks and not them though long story short. They should help but their not obligated too, as my first dealer made me take mine still shrink wrapped with tower down etc.

All good info , however I wasn't bitching,complaining or have an issue with the dealer , read the post I was raggin on the factory who built the boat and subsequently is responsible for it warranty issue's

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 pm 
Team Axis

A22owner wrote:
LakeKeowee wrote:
FACT: For the boating 101 comments. I am positive I spent more time wrenching, owning and living on boats than 99.9% of the KeyBoard Boat Genious's here, congrats to the .01% here that has done more.

Thanks for the congrats. I would be willing to bet that I've been rolling glass and wrenching on boats since before you were born.

Congrats on being a .01% I knew there would be one here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:52 pm 
Team Axis

dustinjean wrote:
There's multiple threads on how to winterize and summerize it, you should have asked instead of bitching about it. Sure it sucks but if that is the only issue it only takes 30 minutes max to install all the plugs and check oil and drive fluids an hour of you spend 30 minutes searching how to on here

Imo The dealer or axis should have put a big old sticker or in my dealers case a bag zip tied to the throttle with the plugs and what noot in it and a bit red sticker that says winterized.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:11 am 
Team Axis

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk[/quote]
Imo The dealer or axis should have put a big old sticker or in my dealers case a bag zip tied to the throttle with the plugs and what noot in it and a bit red sticker that says winterized.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk[/quote]

Or since they installed a new hull maybe they should have dewinterized the engine and test run the boat to be sure it all works before sending it back to me.

I'm surprised more people aren't shocked after such a big repair the factory would not test the installation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next