It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Finally Got My Boat Back with a new factory hull
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:17 am 
Team Axis

After 9 months of not seeing my boat ( and making payments ) I finally got my boat delivered last Friday , was super excited to get to use her for the holiday weekend.
BUT NOPE , went to put her in the water, opened up the engine hatch and quickly noticed that there were hoses off, and electrical plugs laying in the bilge.
Apparantly after putting the new engine and gear into the new hull they don't test or fire up to see how or if everything is working.
Not sure why they would keep the boat winterized and not test it before it was sent to me considering its been 80 degree's out and no possible way for it to freeze, however I can see some of the warranty work it was sent in for has not been done and a few parts are missing UGGHHHHHHHHH....it' s already June and we haven't even boarded yet......

Ski: Yamaha Waverunner & Kawasaki SC ( Sea Couch )
Utility Vehicle : Yamaha Viking
Bike : Harley Davidson FLTSN & Dyna FXD
Dual Sport : Yamaha WR 250R

Post subject: Re: Finally Got My Boat Back with a new factory hull
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:22 am 
Team Axis

LakeKeowee wrote:
After 9 months of not seeing my boat ( and making payments ) I finally got my boat delivered last Friday , was super excited to get to use her for the holiday weekend.
BUT NOPE , went to put her in the water, opened up the engine hatch and quickly noticed that there were hoses off, and electrical plugs laying in the bilge.
Apparantly after putting the new engine and gear into the new hull they don't test or fire up to see how or if everything is working.
Not sure why they would keep the boat winterized and not test it before it was sent to me considering its been 80 degree's out and no possible way for it to freeze, however I can see some of the warranty work it was sent in for has not been done and a few parts are missing UGGHHHHHHHHH....it' s already June and we haven't even boarded yet......

I'm pretty sure it is standard protocol for every manufacturer to winterize a boat before it leaves the factory, warranty repair or not. I've also been to the factory and saw that EVERY boat is water tested.

Why in the hell would you not even check before you put a boat in the water? It's boating 101.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:12 pm 
Team Axis

I went and picked mine up from the factory this past Tuesday.

They tested mine. They even called to ask if I wanted it re-winterized or not.

Who has been your customer service/warranty rep you've been working with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:57 pm 
Team Axis

A22owner wrote:
LakeKeowee wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is standard protocol for every manufacturer to winterize a boat before it leaves the factory, warranty repair or not. I've also been to the factory and saw that EVERY boat is water tested.

Why in the hell would you not even check before you put a boat in the water? It's boating 101.

You might.be right, but your being a prick!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:59 am 
Team Axis

*you're

[emoji12][emoji38][emoji41]

Sorry couldn't resist. Let all play nice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:30 pm 
Team Axis

Your worried about a winterized issue, lol I'm currently doing this after my boats been back twice. And my list can keep going of my to fix, yours are typical spring to do's. Image

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:12 am 
Team Axis

granddaddy55 wrote:
A22owner wrote:
LakeKeowee wrote:

You might.be right, but your being a prick!

Boating 101 man, it'll save you a lot of headaches.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:09 pm 
Team Axis

A22owner wrote:
LakeKeowee wrote:

Where does it say I put it in the water without checking , maybe you should read it again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:11 pm 
Team Axis

get_sum wrote:
I went and picked mine up from the factory this past Tuesday.

They tested mine. They even called to ask if I wanted it re-winterized or not.

Who has been your customer service/warranty rep you've been working with?

I was never given one person to talk to, everytime I called and spoke to someone it was different person, would have been nice to have some type of rep.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:16 pm 
Team Axis

dustinjean wrote:
Your worried about a winterized issue, lol I'm currently doing this after my boats been back twice. And my list can keep going of my to fix, yours are typical spring to do's. Image

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nope, wasn't really the point, maybe you missed it. Since I wasn't the guy who winterized it in the first place I wasn't sure where all the parts in the bag went, and since it was late Friday on a holiday weekend and my boat just came from the factory I actually thought it would be in condition to use it.

If I was the one who winterized it I'm sure I would have dewinterized it without any comment.