It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Silence "service required" alarm
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:55 am 
Team Axis

Once and for all looking for the way to get this done, and I have to assume others have the same issue.

Had a code and have replaced the cap and rotor which caused the issue...is there no way for me to be able to maintain this boat myself without having to go to a dealer every time I repair something?

I'm willing to get the software at this point....I'm not concerned with the cost of getting it reset (i am, but not as much) as much as I am with the time involved with scheduling, and going an hour each direction to the damn dealer.

Post subject: Re: Silence "service required" alarm
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:33 am 
Team Axis

So I think that 3 starts and stops of the engine will silence the alarm but I'm not sure. I also think either disconnecting the battery for a certain amount of time will do it, but I'm not positive on those details. Might wanna experiment with that.

The Diacomm software is free to download but the freaking proprietary cable is like $600. You might luck on eBay but gotta make sure you get the right cable as they're engine specific.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:52 pm 
Team Axis

Damn....well I may poke around or see if me dealer will hook me up with a cable...

Found out most engine codes won't wipe in that manner, but boat related codes will...at least what the dealer tech explained to me.(not sure what it makes sense to me)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:40 am 

New member here - 2015 T23. Service required alarm + boat going into engine idle after starting to tow a surfer this weekend. After troubleshooting with a friend who is a PCM certified mechanic and chatting with TX Malibu service, probably the Exhaust Manifold Water Temp sensor problem that has been mentioned on other threads. We disconnected the positive battery terminal for a few minutes then reconnected. Service alarm was gone and boat ran just fine last night. I am planning on having some other work done in a few weeks and the PCM flash is supposed to happen then. Not sure if the battery disconnect will work for you but just thought I would mention it helped in our situation. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:57 am 
Boater

The start and stop worked for me - 3 or 5 times.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:06 pm 

when you say "Start, stop, 3-5 times" do you actually mean turn the motor over until it is running and turn it off 3-5 times? Or just click it to the right, back to straight up and down, click it to the right...I'm going out tonight, I'm going to try the start stop method. Then I will try taking off the positive connection to my batteries. Can someone tell me how to find my knock sensors? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:28 pm 

ckmdvmatx wrote:
New member here - 2015 T23. Service required alarm + boat going into engine idle after starting to tow a surfer this weekend. After troubleshooting with a friend who is a PCM certified mechanic and chatting with TX Malibu service, probably the Exhaust Manifold Water Temp sensor problem that has been mentioned on other threads. We disconnected the positive battery terminal for a few minutes then reconnected. Service alarm was gone and boat ran just fine last night. I am planning on having some other work done in a few weeks and the PCM flash is supposed to happen then. Not sure if the battery disconnect will work for you but just thought I would mention it helped in our situation. Good luck!

This worked for me too. Was in limp mode with alarm. I just turned the battery switch off can't remember how long. Turned the switch back on and has been fine. Was likely the Exhaust Manifold Water Temp sensor problem in my case too. 15 A22.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:42 am 

First time with the service engine alarm while out on the water Saturday (engine hr 44). Did the standard 20 hr service at Southtown Riders/CLT a few weeks ago and seemed good to go minus a few radio and bimini issues. I put the engine in idle and realized wasn't able to stop the alarm so turned the engine off before to much time went. I waited about 2 minutes and cranked back up with no alarm/warnings. I have seen the few posts but thinking best to take it in to check out

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:43 am 

smthngloose wrote:
First time with the service engine alarm while out on the water Saturday (engine hr 44). Did the standard 20 hr service at Southtown Riders/CLT a few weeks ago and seemed good to go minus a few radio and bimini issues. I put the engine in idle and realized wasn't able to stop the alarm so turned the engine off before to much time went. I waited about 2 minutes and cranked back up with no alarm/warnings. I have seen the few posts but thinking best to take it in to check out

Oh... new 2017 T23 owner