It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Would love some advise on my setup..
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:47 am 
Team Axis

I ride anywhere between 10.8 and 11.6 depending on what board I'm riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:20 am 
Team Axis

Okay cool, I'm riding a doomswell Nubstep. Maybe a bit overkill for my first outing but I figured with my wakeboarding background I'll get up to speed pretty quickly. I may try speeding up a bit since we never went over 11.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:38 pm 
Boater

With the set up you had and the amount of people in the boat moving more weight to the bow would have helped but not totally. You need a little bit more speed to lengthen out the wave. I have a T22 so not exactly the same but should be close. Try the same set up you had with a little bit more weight forward. An extra 400lb sack in walkway or a couple people in bow plus bump up to around 11.4-11.6 on the regular wave. I ride the goofy side 11.6-11.8.
As for the big wall and not much curl that is the effect of the surf gate style boats. The easiest way to steepen up the wave and help in curl more is to give a slight turn, very slight, away from the rider. On the regular side wave it will increase push and shape the wave up immediately.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:04 pm 
Team Axis

Bagar20 wrote:
With the set up you had and the amount of people in the boat moving more weight to the bow would have helped but not totally. You need a little bit more speed to lengthen out the wave. I have a T22 so not exactly the same but should be close. Try the same set up you had with a little bit more weight forward. An extra 400lb sack in walkway or a couple people in bow plus bump up to around 11.4-11.6 on the regular wave. I ride the goofy side 11.6-11.8.
As for the big wall and not much curl that is the effect of the surf gate style boats. The easiest way to steepen up the wave and help in curl more is to give a slight turn, very slight, away from the rider. On the regular side wave it will increase push and shape the wave up immediately.

But don't you do the exact opposite on goofy, I curl/turn in to the rider and get that curl
When I do, learned from you on that regular side as I was doing the same as goofy

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:29 pm 
Boater

I'm the only rider in our crew that rides the goofy side. My wife is usually the driver. Which way she ends up slightly turning is a guess. She turns around to watch me riding and starts veering one way or the other all of the time. The wave always seems to be changing. I just deal with it and have learned not to say anything. I can't speak for the goofy side because I'm always behind the boat. Not sure if a turn in or away is better.
On the regular side I always adjust the wave for her while under way. I've noticed that once the speed is set and the weight is right if I give her a little bit of turn away it steepens up the wave and gives her more push. It's a fine line to get it just right. Turning into the rider seems to flatten out the wave on the regular side.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:06 pm 

I wasn't happy in my 2016 A22 until I put 100 pounds of lead in the front and added another 650 triangle bag on top of the 750 triangle under the seats. The 750 maybe fills with 300 pounds of water. All these boats need major weight in the bow if you are running 750 plus in the back. I think the wedge makes the wave crappy along with increasing RPMs, decreasing efficency, and making the boat shudder and drive weird. I think the wedge becomes irrelevant once you put 1500 pounds in the rear.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:32 pm 

1100 PnP in back - fly hi PnP in Bow plus 160 to 200 of lead in bow
a 750 in walkway
another 80 in lead floor at the back occasionally a 400lb bag on the floor at the back
typically only have 3 people in the boat to surf
like everyone else says more weight in the bow
we surf 11 to 11.2 -

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm 
Team Axis

Axis loves bow weight. If you can't get enough, drain a little from the rear sacs or pull the wedge up. The slower you go and the more weight in the rear, the taller the wave. The faster you go and more weight in the front, the less tall (but longer) the wave.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:36 am 
Boater

So I am looking for the right bow bag for our 2016 T23. I contacted wake makers and they are suggesting only a 400lb bag for the bow PNP. Is there any reason for that? I see everyone running at least 650 up there. Why would they suggest only 400? Anyone else dealt with wakemakers about this?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:14 pm 
Boater

SomeYeahoo wrote:
Axis loves bow weight. If you can't get enough, drain a little from the rear sacs or pull the wedge up. The slower you go and the more weight in the rear, the taller the wave. The faster you go and more weight in the front, the less tall (but longer) the wave.

I agree, we don't always have the luxury of having lots of people in the boat so we're usually short on bow weight. To combat that I only fill the rear bags about 3/4 full, move as many people you can to the bow. If you have too much weight in the ass end your surfgates will not operate properly. We don't have the the largest wake out there but it is fairly long and has decent push at 11mph. I am still looking for some lead bags to add in the nose so I can utilize the rear bags to their max. Woops sorry damn sideways photo, not sure how to fix that.

Attachments:
photo2.JPG
photo2.JPG [ 108.53 KiB | Viewed 20803 times ]