It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Axis boat 4" seat riser ?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:58 am 
Team Axis

anyone have a link to the axis seat risers? will they work with the 2016 models?

I searched google and the forums but couldn't get it to pull up. ( saw a Malibu one though)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am 
Team Axis

Smuurph84 wrote:
anyone have a link to the axis seat risers? will they work with the 2016 models?

I searched google and the forums but couldn't get it to pull up. ( saw a Malibu one though)

AFAIK the malibu ones and the axis ones are the same except for the etched in logo. It's basically just a box.

I have one on my '16 T22. It makes the seat really high. Like kinda too high and I'm 5'9". My 5'0" wife loves it tho (and still rocks the bolster regularly)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:40 am 
Team Axis

shawndoggy wrote:
Smuurph84 wrote:

AFAIK the malibu ones and the axis ones are the same except for the etched in logo. It's basically just a box.

I have one on my '16 T22. It makes the seat really high. Like kinda too high and I'm 5'9". My 5'0" wife loves it tho (and still rocks the bolster regularly)

I am 6 3" so I am sure it will be to high for me (not sure it would be to much difference as my head is above the windshield most of the time anyway.) does it effect anything else? surely it doesn't mess with leg room or anything right?

purchase is exclusively for my wife so she can see better when she pulls me surfing !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:02 pm 
Team Axis

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axis-Boat-Drive ... xo&vxp=mtr

so I found it and plan to purchase but figured I would get more input on if they are satisfied with it and if there is any real downside to it before ordering? anyone over 6' have any input.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:11 pm 
Team Axis

I'm 6'5" and I like it. We surf for several hours at a time and I needed the bolster up to see good while surfing. I hated sitting on the bolster. I can see great now with the riser and no bolster. It's a personal preference thing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:03 pm 
Team Axis

Red17A24 wrote:
I'm 6'5" and I like it. We surf for several hours at a time and I needed the bolster up to see good while surfing. I hated sitting on the bolster. I can see great now with the riser and no bolster. It's a personal preference thing.

fantastic! thanks for the feedback! I am ordering.

( last question ) I assume its a fairly simple install? a few bolts etc? i won't need any special tools will I?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:41 am 
Team Axis

Are you running a bow sac? The line of sight difference between no bow sac and bow sac is amazing. Dealer didn't have the bow sac in stock when we picked up out T23, and there was significant bow rise. When we put the bow sac in, yuge difference. I'm 6'3" and my wife is 5'8". No riser needed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 am 
Team Axis

A22man wrote:
With a seat riser installed and the bolster down, is your head above the windshield? Do you feel like your sitting too high if you're just cruising around or pulling a wakeboarder?

I'd say yes to this. At 5'9" with bolster down, my head is still in the wind when cruising. My wife always tries to talk to me from the observer's seat when I'm pulling the kids on the tubes and I always have to tell her I can't hear a damn thing she's whispering.