It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Best Surf Setup For Goofy (STRBD) on T22?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:09 am 

What is everyone's setup for the best surf wave on starboard side (goofy foot) on t22. It seems like on the port side I can pretty much just fill up everything to the max (i also have full PnP) with the wedge down and the wave stays clean and just gets bigger and longer. On the starboard side it starts to wash out with too much weight and the wedge down. I almost prefer with no wedge on that side. We generally surf at speeds between 11.2-11.8 however I have no idea how accurate the speedo is.

I also bought a 2247 prop and have trouble getting past 12 mph when fully weighted at 3000 ft. Not a big deal since I don't surf over those speeds but thought it would do better than that.

Post subject: Re: Best Surf Setup For Goofy (STRBD) on T22?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:05 pm 
Team Axis

What size sacks are you running? Integrated bow sack under the seats?

I'm a goofy surfer and I also like to surf in the mid-11s with the wedge (wave gets too short/steep if it's slower... great for "look how big my wave is" pics, but no so fun for really surfing).

I've found that bow weight is amazing to clean up the wake, and also that the boat is pretty sensitive side to side without additional bow weight. So if you are just running the PNP under seat sack, consider a bow triangle or at least putting crew members up front.

For a long wave fill all factory, and then balance bow and stern weight such that your swim platform is out of the water by an inch or two at rest (so if you're filling 900s to overflowing, you're gonna want a crap ton of bow weight).

Anyhow, that's my $.02.... spend it how you want.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:04 pm 

Don't remember the specifics on the sack sizes, they're Fly High with no size marking. They are huge though, at least 900 if not even 1100 in the rear lockers. Not sure what size is in the bow either but fill up the entire space in there. I'm going to try adding another sack on top of the seats or in the walkway to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for your input

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:24 pm 
Team Axis

If you have 1100s and now extra bow weight you are definitely overweighted in the rear. Is your bow rise insane?

The Fly Hi triangle sack fits perfectly in the bow and will give you enough to counter balance the 1100s. I'd want the weight as far forward as possible... not sure walkway weight would be quite as effective.