It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Dumb underwater light questions.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:35 pm 
Team Axis

Long story short, my underwater lights have never worked since I've owned it. I'm getting them warrentied, but what switch turns on the underwater lights vs the docking lights? Is it the same switch? Reason being, I don't think I have power going to the rear underwater lights and I don't know what switch actually controls it.

Post subject: Re: Dumb underwater light questions.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 pm 
Team Axis

My underwater lights come on with the interior lights. I will be changing that soon. It drives me nuts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:10 am 
Team Axis

Either OEM or aftermarket, the transom LED's should be on their own switch separate from interior lights or docking lights. You'd be a fool to have them wired that way on purpose.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:15 am 
Team Axis

^All my lights were wired to the same switch from the factory: underwater, under seat, and interior/storage lights. I had my dealer re-wire it so interior lights are independent, and underwater and under seat lights are on their own dedicated switch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:56 am 
Team Axis

Definitely needs to be redone on mine too. Adding RGB LEDs and cup/speaker rings for mood lighting. The factory LEDs are great for just seeing stuff while sitting but blinding when cruising. Dash lights should almost always be on own switch not a rocker. If anything put interior and underwater on the rocker so one or the other and dash on with the key all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:08 am 
Team Axis

Hmmm, I would think they would be wired with the docking lights. What about the acc switch? Is that even hooked up to anything from the factory? I have a heater, dock lights, transom lights, and pnp ballast. That one acc switch doesn't control the radio either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:44 am 
Team Axis

kx250frider617 wrote:
Hmmm, I would think they would be wired with the docking lights. What about the acc switch? Is that even hooked up to anything from the factory? I have a heater, dock lights, transom lights, and pnp ballast. That one acc switch doesn't control the radio either.

DO NOT wire your underwater LED's to anything, especially docking lights. If you do you'll regret it the first night you are trying to enjoy floating because you'll attract a bajillion bugs with your docking lights (also your interior lights or any speaker ring LED's). This is fair warning everyone. Your Axis should have 2 empty accessory switches at least (if you don't have a heater). Your docking lights are on a separate switch already, your interior lights and dash lights are on a switch, that will leave you with plenty of options to wire transom LEDs on their own switch.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:45 am 
Team Axis

Just used my lights for the first time since I got the new T22. The underwater lights are tied into the interior lights.i don't like that either. The acc. Switch does nothing. Planning on moving the underwater there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:07 pm 
Team Axis

Fishn4four wrote:
Just used my lights for the first time since I got the new T22. The underwater lights are tied into the interior lights.i don't like that either. The acc. Switch does nothing. Planning on moving the underwater there.

This really surprises me. I assumed they would start wiring them to dedicated switches from the factory especially when there are extra Acc. switches available. Who wants to sit there and be blinded by the bright interior lights when you want to turn on the underwaters? Mine were on the same switch but my dealer fixed me up and I'm happy with how everything is wired now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:26 pm 
Team Axis

Yeah! Me too. I was kind of shocked it was wired that way. And those white interior lights are way to bright! I want to change the bulbs to red if I can.