It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Stiff Livorsi throttle
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:46 am 
Boater

Our new '16 T23 throttle is really stiff. My wife has difficulty getting out of neutral, and it's really stiff pushing into speed. Is it adjustable? Can it be done diy, or does the dealer have to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Stiff Livorsi throttle
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:48 am 
Team Axis

Ours was initially very stiff too, but it has seemed to become more usable the more we have got hours on the boat. How many hours are you at now?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:15 am 
Boater

garner wrote:
Ours was initially very stiff too, but it has seemed to become more usable the more we have got hours on the boat. How many hours are you at now?

9.5 hours so far

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:27 am 
Team Axis

Our T23 was very stiff when new. Seems better now.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:13 pm 
Team Axis

My T22 is the same way. Dealer says it will get easier, we'll see. So far I only have 10 hours on it so I'm going to give it some time. I messed around a little with it and it seems that the problem is with the drive cable not the "engine" throttle b/c when I disengaged the drive the throttle was fine.

I also have concerns about the tight steering, specifically when the wheel is turned all the way to the right. It is very hard to turn in both directions. I thought it may have something to do with prop turbulence but even at idle speed it's hard. Anyone else have this problem?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:36 pm 
Boater

Our steering is spot on and way better than our old '04 23LSV. Hopefully our throttle will loosen up a little more than it has. I was in a '15 G23 (bad word) over the weekend, with limited hours, and the throttle was butter. Granted the rig cost a bit more, but they're all Livorsi. I was really excited thinking I at least had the same throttle at my buddies '15 LSV, but it definitely not there (yet?)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:46 pm 
Team Axis

I've got about 35 hours on my new '16 A20. I don't have anything to compare to but the throttle seems plenty smooth. The only issue I have is that at cruising speed it doesn't seem to hold a constant throttle setting and the speed tends to creep up. I'm talking anywhere in the 20's mph. I have to keep my hand on the throttle to keep the boat from speeding up. It's not a sudden speed increase, it's just a gradual increase. I haven't let it go long enough to find out how fast it will get up to before it stops creeping so I don't know if it would stop. I'm not sure if constant throttle adjustment should be necessary or if it should just stay where I put the throttle handle. If course I could set the cruise control but that's not how I want to have to control the throttle when just running up the lake and not towing.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:21 am 

bwirk2000 wrote:
Our steering is spot on and way better than our old '04 23LSV. Hopefully our throttle will loosen up a little more than it has. I was in a '15 G23 (bad word) over the weekend, with limited hours, and the throttle was butter. Granted the rig cost a bit more, but they're all Livorsi. I was really excited thinking I at least had the same throttle at my buddies '15 LSV, but it definitely not there (yet?)

It will never be like your buddies 15' LSV throttle. There are many contributions to cost savings in Axis vs Malibu and this, unfortunately, is one of them. I came from two Malibus so it was a big adjustment but as everyone else has posted, it does get much better but not Malibu better.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:50 am 
Team Axis

A bit off topic but is there any adjustment to throttle sensitivity? Mine feels very touchy at little throttle and anything past 1/2-3/4 throttle really doesn't make much difference.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:38 pm 

Mine acts the same way. I get to about 30mph and still have 1/2 throttle left. Throw it down and maybe get 38. I have really gotten use to it around docks, trailers etc but the hardest thing for me is trying to hold a speed. In my malibu's we could run the course, barefoot or wakeboard and I always held my speed point, manually but now I find using cruise control to be only way. I know that's what the cruise was designed for but with little kids and a busy lake, sometimes you have to get back to a downed rider quick which is when I don't want to use the cruise.