It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Upgrades to 2013 A22!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:52 pm 

Hi All - new to this Axis forum.

I am about to be the proud owner of a new to me 2013 A22. I was previously in a 2004 Tige 21' direct drive, so this is a huge step up! I'm building my list of upgrades to start tackling this summer. Was hoping for recommendations, wisdom, and feedback from this forum.

Thanks!

1. Bags - was planning on Sumo 950 arrow, and sumo 900's for rear locker. Is this my best bet? How do Sumo bags compare with the other brands out there?

2. Stereo - was planning to replace the old titan tower speakers/amps with a pair of Wetsounds Rev410's, accompanied by a Syn4 for each Rev410. I know the SD amps are the best, but I'm trying to somewhat stay in a budget. Does the Syn4 do the job?

3. Mission Surf System - has anyone tried the aftermarket mission surf system? Worth the $350 for a single side since my boat does not have surfgate?

4. What other must have upgrades do you all recommend?

Also - would anyone happen to have a rear view mirror they'd like to sell? For some reason the boat didn't come with one!

Post subject: Re: Upgrades to 2013 A22!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:30 pm 
Team Axis

Welcome.

I got the arrow In the front and bro stock 900 in the rear lockers. I would recommend divider panel supports as well with the 900's got it all from Wakemakers

I got a 2012 black tower mirror. I took off the factory mirror and replaced with a PTM 140 if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:08 pm 
Team Axis

1 - I'd say yes on those bags. I have sumo 900's in the back and the 650 up front but had to add some lead up there as well, if a 950 fit in my bow I'd have it.

2 - Not stereo savvy.

3 - I'd say they are well worth it. The gate makes a huge difference and doesn't require you to list the boat. If you're handy you can make your own for less but if not and you want a nice finished product I'd just cough up the dough, personally.

4 - Do you have all the equipments? Boards/ropes etc? I'd make sure to have some racks that hold surfboards so you're not stepping all over them. I added underwater lights this year, cool upgrade on the cheap.

5 - I think I have the factory mirror that came with my boat, let me check the garage and if so it's yours if you cover shipping.

Congrats on the upgrade and post some pictures when you can.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:20 pm 
Team Axis

Ok, I will ask the elephant in the room.

1. What engine and prop do you have? You can go with 900lb rear sacs but depending on the engine/prop, it might be tough to plane at wakeboard speed.

Besides that, enjoy the boat for the summer. Don't feel pressured in to doing all the upgrades at once unless you can afford it.

Enjoy.

Sent from my A1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:12 pm 

dezul wrote:

1. What engine and prop do you have? You can go with 900lb rear sacs but depending on the engine/prop, it might be tough to plane at wakeboard speed.

350 hp with a 4 blade. Not sure of manufacturer or model # of prop. I'm assuming it's stock.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:27 pm 
Team Axis

Just to debunk the size of rear bags being better. There is no benefit going to anything bigger than a sumo 600, if your installing as plug and play. I used to have a 600 bag on my portside locker and 900 bag in starboard thinking it would help my surf wave running listed. Believe it or not, with both bags filled until they over flowed, my boat would still sit perfectly level. It is because the bigger bags get pinched off at the front of the locker. The 600's fit the back compartments perfectly length wise.

Since then, I've ran 600's rear, 950 axis bow bag, 800 floor sac, and a 400 bag in the bow. I also have 500 in lead spread out.

Soooo... Save some cash and just go with the 600's unless you plan to eventually remove your hard tanks, the the 900's would be beneficial.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:02 am 
Team Axis

mizzouwake wrote:
dezul wrote:

350 hp with a 4 blade. Not sure of manufacturer or model # of prop. I'm assuming it's stock.

There should be a number on your prop. If you can get that we can advise if you might be looking at upgrading the prop.

In my A22 I had 750 lbs bags in the lockers and the front under seat bag. With a home made gate I got a pretty good surf wave. I could surf it with just my wife and I without any issues. If you are really weighting the boat down you will want to upgrade your prop.