It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: 2016 PNP write up and adding vents
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:31 am 

Wilbur wrote:
Instead of Y'ing into your vent line. I think it is easier, and cheaper, to pull your vent line from your hard tank and cap it. (I used the original PNP hose plugs that came with my boat and click into the fittings) Then run a vent line from your PNP bag and route it up high to the through hull fitting. This uses less parts and has been working perfect on my 15' A22.

I agree that this is the way to go on the 15's. However on my 16', if you look at the pics I posted, the stock vent and thru hull fitting is 3/4".. So I would have had to drill it out to 1 1/18" and even though I'd save a couple dollars only buying a thru hull fitting and not the Wye, I didn't feel like getting in so deep that I'm drilling into the boat. But like I said that's definitely the way I would have done it on your boat.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 pm 
Team Axis

Jlef1234 wrote:
[quote="I agree that this is the way to go on the 15's. However on my 16', if you look at the pics I posted, the stock vent and thru hull fitting is 3/4".. So I would have had to drill it out to 1 1/18" and even though I'd save a couple dollars only buying a thru hull fitting and not the Wye, I didn't feel like getting in so deep that I'm drilling into the boat. But like I said that's definitely the way I would have done it on your boat.

Why not run a 3/4" vent line from your bag to your through hull fitting then?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:49 pm 

Wilbur wrote:
Jlef1234 wrote:
[quote="I agree that this is the way to go on the 15's. However on my 16', if you look at the pics I posted, the stock vent and thru hull fitting is 3/4".. So I would have had to drill it out to 1 1/18" and even though I'd save a couple dollars only buying a thru hull fitting and not the Wye, I didn't feel like getting in so deep that I'm drilling into the boat. But like I said that's definitely the way I would have done it on your boat.

Why not run a 3/4" vent line from your bag to your through hull fitting then?

Because I bought 1 1/8" connections and hose going off of all the information I had a hand from looking at 2015's.... Nobody had done a write up on the 16's. Which is why I did. It was a learning experience. So once I had all the parts and was in the boat with panels off learning about it, I decided to make it work with what I had.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:12 pm 

*** update ***
I went out on the lake today. Everything worked great. The bags filled to capacity and didn't lose any water while surfing. Only issue was during draining once the bags got low it slowed to a trickle. I'll be adding the inline check valves like steveA20 mentioned. This will clear up any issues with draining.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:33 pm 

I just picked up a 16' T22 this past week. Knowing what you know now would you do the venting the same way you did or would you recommend tying into the 3/4" vent line? I want to do this mod on my boat.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:05 pm 

allybuckT22 wrote:
I just picked up a 16' T22 this past week. Knowing what you know now would you do the venting the same way you did or would you recommend tying into the 3/4" vent line? I want to do this mod on my boat.

The way I did it works perfect after I installed the check valves. But it's all in what you feel comfortable doing. After taking everything apart and looking at it in detail I think I would just cap off the hard tank vent and run a new vent from the bags to the thru hull. It's the least amount of parts. Just make sure you can find connections that will fit your bags with a hose small enough to use with the existing thru hull fitting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:29 am 
Team Axis

Perfect!

Great write up!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:54 am 
Team Axis

It's infuriating that Malibu/Axis still use 3/4" for vent lines.